LOL...worse than any magnet, fuel pill, or Tornado... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Talking LOL...worse than any magnet, fuel pill, or Tornado...

Found in a Craigslist ad...I can't believe all the horsepower and fuel economy I've been missing because I only have factory grounding straps!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1231956531.html

"Electronical"? Okaaaaay....

And the funniest part:
Apparently a 1969 Chevelle only gets 7mpg, but with extra grounding it gets 21mpg!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Trying to read that hurts my eyes.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Funny thing is, lots of people buy those!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Registered Member

I am surprised that "sham wow guy" isn't peddling those.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

That sham wow actually works though lol. I've been impressed with mine to no end. Got it free at a trade show but after having used it for a while I think I'd buy it next time.

The format in which they are advertising it is incredible(in the fact that it exists at all). Stick as much information about the product into one page so nobody wants to read it, kinda like water for gas does.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Did someone say ShamWow? There's a new towel on the scene...

[yt]vfdoLBni4zA[/yt]

Anyway, as much as I hate the ShamWow advertising style, I have learned to like its salesman Vince Offer in a cheesy way. Vince has quite a compelling story; he starts as a Scientologist (a bad choice IMO) who wants to be a movie director. After he offends someone in the organization, they essentially put a jihad on him, asking their members to do everything (legal or not) they can to destroy him. He rises from that bullcrap and gets into doing stupid commercials, and devotes all his money to fighting back and discrediting the organization. Very cool, at least that last part.

In the meantime, the SlapChop commercial is a jestfest. "You're gonna love my nuts", and all the talk about making America better and "life's hard enough as it is, you don't wanna cry anymore"...

I'll never buy a ShamWow, except maybe if I find it for cents on the dollar at a deep discount end-of-the-line store. I hate to buy into stuff with stupid advertising, stuff that's gimmicky, and so on. I have at least found a way to appreciate Vince.

[yt]rUbWjIKxrrs[/yt]
Old 06-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
Registered Member

Obviously the high numbers are from people who had really rotten grounds, but adding ground straps has been seen to be beneficial on other mpg forums. Not usually enough to pay back the kit prices... I've had a "when I get round to it" plan to do mine with some old 6 gauge jumper cable and copper plumbing pipe.

edit: a tenth of a volt drop on ground is a major discrepancy on the O2 circuit for example.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
Registered Member

I don't think grounding had anything to do with those numbers; I think they're just fabricated.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #9
Registered Member

Yeah, you know what, I'm having a VERY hard time seeing it having that much difference on the Chevelle and the Diesel.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #10
Registered Member

That SlapChop commercial is funny, pretty cool how he throws it back into the sink, probably didn't intend that but who knows.

As for the oxygen sensor. Most of them have gone to 4 wire sensors that have a dedicated ground to the ecu.