Driving between Phillie and D.C., Baltimore and Virginia, I'v seen it all. On ramp traffic doing 35 in the number 4 lane. A bus speeding at 75-80 in the number 3 lane. That person who always does 53 in the number 2 lane and of course 95 MPH in the fast lane. Where oh where can I find a space to cruise?
Why do 18 wheelers go for the pass at 72 in the number 1 or 2 lane, then as always get stuck on a grade and now be it the fast lane or next to the fast lane, they're doing 48. Sometimes it can be like trying to drive a road course in a straight line.
I feel your pain trying to get around them, or them trying to get around you. There are the gutter ballers who believe that they have to drive at fast lane speeds in the slowlane. Can't people see the blue light on thier dash that indicates HIGH BEAMS?
My stereo gets louder and louder to try and drain the day away.
My game is to set the cruise control and never have to leave it. Usually, I sashay along at 66/67 and nap. But when traffic slows to a crawl I remember that I am being paid to be in it. That helps.
I use and talk about, but don't sell Amsoil.
Who is shatto?
06 4.7 Tundra replaced a 98 Dakota 3.9.
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.
Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
A lot of days I will drive I-4 at 68-72 on cruise and I'm constantly amazed at the freaking idiots that will;
1. Drive up my azz (middle lane) and park there despite me doing the limit and brake checking them usually lights only but full on slowdowns for the total asshats. I had one woman stay on my azz to 35 mph in a 70 zone!
2. I'll have the cruise control set and pass a car, then it passes me, and then I pass it and so on. PICK A SPEED MORON!
3. People that insist on gluing themselves in what is usually a blind spot (I have my mirrors set further out than most) on my car and staying there. A couple "oops I musta drifted accidentally's" usually roots them out.
4. The distracteds. The idiots that are texting, talking animatedly to passengers, applying makup, so on. I creep up into thier blind spot, get real close and then lay on the airhorn and swerve back and forth like they just missed you. What a hoot!
5. Boy-racers in fartcan equipped Honda's that see the Mazdaspeed3 emblem and proceed to redline thier POS next to me. I did goad one into hauling thru a green light in Orlando right in front of a Sheriff. Now THAT was funny! On the highway its a different story but, I still try to restrain myself as I don't wan't any dumbass's blood on my hands if he crashes his POS.
These things plus good music, and a GPS that talks to me in cantonese makes my trips bearable.
Ignorance is lack of knowing; stupidity is false logic
on the way home from work one day, i had a guy behind me that was so impatient, he tried to pass me in the right lane...
we were both behind a really slow car, when i (and he) took the opportunity to move left and pass the guy. he was so focused on getting around me, as we both made our lane change, he whipped back into the slow lane, and passed me then he bumping the slower vehicle at 70+mph. what a scream!
When 2 vehicles collide traveling in the same direction, the impact speed is the difference of the vehicle's speeds. If 2 vehicles collide traveling in different directions the impact speed is the sum of the 2 vehicle's speeds.