Wii Fit $50 - w free shipping - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Wii Fit $50 - w free shipping

I saw this daily deal on Ebay today and thought I'd pass it along. Not a hard workout by any means but since exercising every day is now recommended by some doctors, but not every day needs to be intensive, I thought this might fit that niche. Alternate between the Fit and my elliptical is the plan.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
The Wii Fit is great. Not a hardcore workout but it's MUCH better than what most people get. There are lots of doctors that highly recommend it.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

it doesn't do much good slid under the couch.

I've had mine for a little over a year and did good with it until my daughter came along. my record was 145 (or so) days straight. I can't remeber the number of hours but after a while, your time counter turns from blue to bronze and from bronze to silver. I have heard that it will turn gold but I only made it to the silver.

I really enjoyed the fake tai-bo. that is the one you opened after the hoola hooping stuff.

it is fun and it does get you moving.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
Registered Member

Just finished my second day with the Fit. It's easy enough a workout that I don't need to alternate with my elliptical; it makes for a great stretching warmup. It also can replace my back exercises, which is great because they were pretty dull. I have a friend in his 60s who is awful about exercising regularly despite his best intentions, so I'm going to set him up with one.

Putting the wii remote in your pocket to do jogging makes me wonder if the same trick could be used to interface with my elliptical. Unfortunately my elliptical's nowhere near my TV so it'd be hard for me to try out. Since it's so much less impact than running in place, I have a hunch it wouldn't work, although maybe it could be something Nintendo could add in the future.

co de pen den cy

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Registered Member

I found someone who claims the elliptical works fine with the Fit's free run program. Guess I need to move my TV.

co de pen den cy

Old 06-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Site Team / Moderator

I can never get the hula hoops to work right...

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:05 AM   #7
Registered Member

I had a tough time on that one and the tightrope.

co de pen den cy

Old 06-28-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
Registered Member

I don't know what that guy online was smoking, but an elliptical is entirely unsuited to the Wii Fit running program. As expected it's looking for impacts or at the very least sharp changes in direction. I tried a bunch of different mounting positions and orientations, but nothing on my elliptical reverses fast enough, often enough to fit the bill. He reported it as "a little slow", but I was just about killing myself and was still falling way behind. Ironic since I can overload it just by shaking my hand up and down. I wonder if I can think of an attachment to create the appropriate motion?

co de pen den cy

Old 06-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
Registered Member

I found that putting the remote in my pocket makes it really unstable. I usually wear my pants pretty lose (but with a belt). one thing that works well for me is to losen my belt one notch and place it between my jeans and the belt so that it is firmly against my hip.

one suggestion on the hoola-hoop is to work through a few of them and work your way down to the super hoola-hoop (may be worded different) then do that a few times and open the very bottom one. it is like a fake tai-bo. that is fun. it takes a while to get used to it. it is loads of fun.

also, in the very back of the screen where you chose yoga, strength, balance, and something else...anyway there is the wii board in the background running on a tread mill. if you move your pointer over him, he asks if you want to do the ultimate balance challenge. I can't beat it but one of our teens (from teen club) has beaten it several times. he's 14 and 125lbs oh yea, he's over 6 feet tall too.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
Registered Member

Finally fell off the balance board today. "Dance", I thought, since for once it hasn't got a name that sounds much like a sexual position, how hard could that be? Little did I realize.

co de pen den cy