3 Wheel Scooter...Piaggio - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Motorcycles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
Registered Member

I've got one of the 250cc models, and I love it. I've only ever had one other scooter, a cheap 150cc two-wheeler, but I've never felt the Piaggio to be that heavy, and despite the extra wheel, it feels just like riding a regular motorbike. The locking mechanism did take me a few days to get the hang of, but now I almost never have to put my feet down at a stop. I have a 35 mile round-trip commute to work and back five days a week, mostly highway riding, and get around 58 MPG. The 250cc and 400cc models have under-seat and trunk storage that holds at least four small grocery bags full of stuff. The 500cc model looks cooler, but has less storage space. There is a nice pannier rack available for the 500cc one, though, that won't fit on the smaller models. If you ever get a chance for a test ride, I highly recommend trying one out. If you don't want to spring for a new one, there's a chance you might be able to find a decent used one someplace like craigslist.

crashsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #12
Registered Member

I've been thinking about getting one of these for short trips around town as an alternative to a Moped, but they are quite hard to get hold of with very few importers in the UK. Can you help?

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote