Is There A Way To Send Too Much Volatge Using An Efie And Burn Up An 02 Sensor? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > HHO and Hydrogen
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Is There A Way To Send Too Much Volatge Using An Efie And Burn Up An 02 Sensor?

Not sure if this has actually happened or not but the white wire i used to the 02 has turned a dark white from getting to hot i guess, also today it seems if i turn the efie to max out the voltage going to the 02 to lean the jeep out has stopped working i have to check this with a volt meter tonight but is it possible to burn the 02 senor up? its a new sensor

OTHER FREE MPG THINGS TOO

95CHERJUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Registered Member

voltage shouldn't be being sent to the O2. You should be adding a bit extra voltage on to the O2 voltage or some EFIEs actually just use the O2 as a reference and produce their own PWM at a higher voltage average based on it.

The only extra voltage should be only on the ECU side and should be in O2 sensor range spec. In order to burn a wire it must be drawing more current than the wire can support. There shouldn't be a lot of current from the O2 or ecu and I can't see how the EFIE would be drawing an excess...

itjstagame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
It is possible to send too much voltage to the ECU. The leaner you are trying to run the more is sent to the ecu and if that curcuit has been over-run and damaged it could cause a fault. I would expect a CEL for that though.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Registered Member

well i got home and if i plug the pos side of the mulitmeter into the 02 tuning port on the efie and ground the black it is still saying that voltage is being increased to the 02 with the turn of the knob so i guess its fine but when i first hooked up the efei i can kill the motor i maxed out the 02 knob all the way. i can still do it to the map side of the efie it will kill the motor if i turn it all the way up so not sure what has happened but the white wire is no longer bright white its a dirty white now.
OTHER FREE MPG THINGS TOO

95CHERJUST is offline   Reply With Quote