My HHO sucks all the water - HELP!!! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

My HHO sucks all the water - HELP!!!

Hi:
NEED HELP ASAP!
I made one HHO generator in a 10" water filter housing. I use 8 2" x 6" ss 316L mesh, 4 positive and 4 negative. I use KOH or Potassium Hydroxide: 3 teaspoon per 1 qt. distilled water. In 4 hours of use, the water in the container housing, was completly DISAPEAR, none of water left on deposit. Am i using too much KOH in the mix? I believe water starts to evaporate from heat produced inside the generator. KOH mix recomended was 1 teaspoon per gallon.
Can someone help me to solve this, please?
I will try to use Potassium bicarbonate as electrolizer, i hear is less dangerous than KOH and is like sodium bicarbonate but with no dirty water left.
Thanks!

ecazdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi:
I solve the mistery already!!!!
The positive wire from battery was plug in negative side of electrolizer... big mistake. I change the wires and everything goes OK. But i still have some heat generating from the electrolyzer alone. I have 13-14 amps on electrolyzer. Hope someone can help me to reduce heat and amps.
Thanks,

ecazdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

To reduce the heat and amp draw just use less electrolyte.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
Registered Member

heat and electrolyte

If you haven't discovered it already, you need to use a weaker solution of KOH and water.
I had that trouble also. Presently I am using wire only - 316 stainless - and produce plenty of HHO with only 2.89 amps. To get that amperage, I use about a half a teaspoon of KOH in 3 cups of water.
Higher amperage only creates heat and boils out the electrolyte.
Hope this helps. For yours, I don't know what the max draw would be to geneate the greatest amount of HHO without producing too much heat as well, but begin with a weak solution and work your way up.
Tinkrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

I'm new here (today), built my first HHO generator in 1972 (all the gas stations closed one day then), another in 1981 for my daughter. Things were simple then - carburetors, for one. I've built several generators recently (it's all on my www.judoknighterrant.com website), the last one using 5" X 12" spiral sheets of 316 stainless steel one inside the other. I'm testing as I write this, getting about 400 milliliters of gas per minute, at 12-13 amps from 12 volts. I'm using one-quarter teaspoon of KOH in one gallon of water.

I'm wondering how does tinkrmann reduces 12 volt (assuming that's so) amperage to 2.89 and what "plenty" means. I'll be grateful for any comment.
Thanks!
GasSavers_spock is offline   Reply With Quote