Bought Gas Cubby Pro a long time ago and now get hit with a subscription? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Bought Gas Cubby Pro a long time ago and now get hit with a subscription?

So tonight I got two emails about this issue. Gas Cubby lite users will now have to pay a monthly or annual fee to keep the app ad free but existing users that bought Gas Cubby Pro before Dec. 11th 2017 the app would, supposedly, remain free. So I should be okay...

So, not having opened the app for a few days, I open the app and sure enough I immediately get a message shoved in my face to upgrade to Fuelly Premium. It said in the emails that if that were to happen, I should just force close the app and try again. So I did. No nagscreen. But, in the burger menu, the bottom item is still "Upgrade to Premium".

Anyways, I'm not a happy camper. I bought Gas Cubby Pro a long time ago and yet... here I am.

cfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Registered Member

Same here

Yep, I got the email, and like you, haven't been in the app for a few days (since my last fill up) and when I open it I get the nag screen. Tried force closing and reopening, and also did a restore purchases and am told there are no past purchases. I was a Gas Cubby Pro user for a long time (first started using Gas Cubby in 2011 as I recall and upgraded shortly after). So how do we get this fixed?

mfrazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
Registered Member

I'm so fedup with all the app subscriptions coming up my way. If I were to subscribe to all the apps I have I would be paying a fortune. Luckily I don't and once they ask me to pay I just close my account and stop using it. Voila.
jfjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
Registered Member

Same issue

Been using GasCubby pro since 2010. How can Fuelly get this resolved?
eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #5
Registered Member

I’m in the same boat. I updated and tried to restore purchases, but it will not pull in my purchase.
klekampcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
Registered Member

Thumbs down Gas Cubby Ads

I am in the same boat. Tried force closing and re-opening and the ads are still there. I was a gas cubby pro user. Please let me know how to fix it. I'm not enjoying the ads in an app I paid to get.
mabmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:20 AM   #7
Site Team

Force close the app, when reopened, the ads will be gone. I have seen a few reports of users needing to force close it twice.

Please make sure that you are using the same iTunes account used when Gas Cubby Pro was purchased.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:11 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
Force close the app, when reopened, the ads will be gone. I have seen a few reports of users needing to force close it twice.

Please make sure that you are using the same iTunes account used when Gas Cubby Pro was purchased.
Doesn't work. Force closed it multiple times, rebooted my phone, force closed it some more and still get the "Upgrade to Premium" thing in the burger menu.
cfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:27 AM   #9
Site Team

The subscription is for the photo/PDF adding ability. The existing Pro members will have the ad free app, not the photo adding ability without the subscription.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:26 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfofo View Post
Doesn't work. Force closed it multiple times, rebooted my phone, force closed it some more and still get the "Upgrade to Premium" thing in the burger menu.
The app is designed so that former Gas Cubby Pro users will be able to continue to use the app without seeing ads. They will still see the Upgrade to Premium is in the burger menu because there are other new features being added to Premium. For example, we added the ability to add PDFs to service records in case you want to use the app for storing your receipts from the shops after some maintenance was done.

With Premium you can also add photos to fuel-ups or services records. This is handy if you want to add a photo of your odometer or the fuel pump (which has been requested) or just take some photos of your car over time.

We plan to offer other features for our Premium users as well including advanced analytics reports and new functionality.

With all the above being said, if you were a Pro user before, you still get all the same features without any ongoing payments (ie. no banners). If you want to go Premium to access the attachment functionality then it's an option available to you.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote