Can't get synced data to show up on new iPhone - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Can't get synced data to show up on new iPhone

I have had this app for many years and my file contains several years of data for three vehicles. I recently purchased a new phone and tried to sync my data. I went to "setup" and put my email address in and received the confirmation email back and clicked the link. The app shows it is linked to my email address. I hit sync and it spins around for a while and appears to be done but no data ever shows up. I have done this numerous times and hit sync several times in case I needed to connect again because my file is likely to be very large. Nothing I seem to do will make it appear on my new iPhone 6. Deleted app, reinstalled, reboot iPhone, etc. It is still stored on my old iPhone 5 (at least locally). I resynced my iPhone 5 several times to see if that would help but nothing I have tried will get the data to show up on my new phone. What can I do at this point to get my synced data over to my new iPhone 6? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ambenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Please note

There are a couple of options:
1) Delete the Synced Data and then resync. This option is found under Settings Sync Setup. MAKE SURE TO NOT DELETE LOCAL DATA.
2) Setup a new sync account with a new email address.

We have a new version of Gas Cubby coming out which will add a new button on the Sync setup page that will email you a backup of your sync data.

The issue is that sync is working for about 99.5% of the account that have it setup but there is something causing it to not work for about 500 people. We are in the process of getting this new update out and then will email everyone to let them know.

You also might want to consider backing up the data on your old phone with iTunes.

Just make sure you have a backup and DO NOT delete your local data.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

19,928 entries - that is likely my problem

I still can't sync my new phone but I may know why. In viewing the "All Vehicles" category on the app on my old phone it shows 19,928 entries which is obviously incorrect. Under each of my three vehicles it shows:

Jeep
247 entries (Sept 4, 2010 thru Oct 11, 2014)

Porsche
39 entries (Sept 7, 2012 thru Oct 7, 2014)

Yamaha motorcycle
91 entries (Feb 10, 2012 thru Aug 29, 2014)

All Vehilces
19,928 entries

Why would the "All Vehicles" category be so messed up? It looks somewhat correct up until about Aug 19, 2012 and then it starts showing duplicate entries (50 or more) for each date after that. Is there anyway to just save each vehicle independently because they appear to be correct but the "All Vehicle" category is all out of whack. Any ideas?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #4
Registered Member

I too have this problem. I get back some data but not all. The deletion of "local data" and re-sync does not bring back all the data. Fixes on the way? Individual support option available?
Hawksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
Registered Member

any updates on this syncing problem???

Are there any updates on dealing with this syncing problem??? Fully sent me a reply to use aCar but I do not have an Android phone. Are there any other fixes to this problem? Can I use the individual car data (which I can export correctly) and recreate a new database without the 20,000 plus data points that are incorrect? Can I create a new database from three CSV files? and add three different files (one for each car) into a new database of Fuelly file? I see that another fuel tracking app can do this but I do not want to switch to another app - I have been using this one for years and want to stay with it.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:23 AM   #6
Registered Member

Currently Gas Cubby does not have an import feature.

You can import your data to Fuelly.com from the CSV files you export from Gas Cubby. You'll need to ensure that each vehicle has it's own CSV and you import each one individually here on Fuelly.

After we have sync between the app and the website, you'll have the ability to 'clean up' the data you're currently seeing.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
Registered Member

I am also having this problem. the ap works great on my wife's phone but I can't get mine to work. I have tried setting it up again and after sending my email and following the registration link I get a success from the web site. However, I get a message on the phone that Gas Cubby is my email is pending confirmation. Any suggestions?
bobcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcrow View Post
I am also having this problem. the ap works great on my wife's phone but I can't get mine to work. I have tried setting it up again and after sending my email and following the registration link I get a success from the web site. However, I get a message on the phone that Gas Cubby is my email is pending confirmation. Any suggestions?
Force close the app and then relaunch. You'll then be able to sync.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote