beaters - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

beaters

Hello.

I have a '93 Ranger that's been around the block just a bit. In fact I got in a head-on (at 5 mph) coming out of an alley where a nice older gent (85 y.o.) cut sharp and we kissed bumpers. His Dodge Ram barely got a scratch, while I've got a smashed front with a wonky bumper (I'm looking for a replacement bumper now). He came out extending his hand, smile on face, apologizing. A week later he completely denied culpability, and since neither of us had collision insurance, his company is "not accepting liability" since it's my word versus his. There are several lessons here, beginning with my deciding a police report would not be necessary. But I digress.

Also have a '76 Honda bike that never goes out of style. It's good for riding around town for several months in the summertime, then it lives under a cover in the garage.

I used Gas Cubby with my iPhone 4 and 4s a while back. My data is gone. I don't really need to track my miles, and although I don't really think I have OCD, there's something appealing about logging and looking at graphs. So I'm back.

The homegrown sensibility of this app is attractive, with a website for entry, forums, and feedback. I'm hoping it'll be great, that it looks good and no data will be lost. For the next year or so I'm going to record my stats on Fuelly and the GasTracker+ app. Simultaneously I intend to also use the Road Trip Lite app, which looks like the other best choice in the AppStore. I have no pre-conceived notions about which will be better, but I'm grateful that there is competition. Does anyone have experience with other apps? Competition keeps everyone at their best.

Also I'll think about replacing my beater truck with a slightly more recent used truck, if a good deal comes along.

Yowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome back to Fuelly. Keeping stats can be a bit addictive can't it! Sorry to hear about your bump, sadly that happens all the time with people denying the truth, don't be surprised if whiplash claims start being discussed. I am 2.5 years into a claim myself, again due to lack of evidence, although mine was near fatal so pretty serious. I NEVER drive without a dashcam now, if would have saved a lot of fuss if I'd have had one in the crash.

Anyway, it will get sorted I guess, lucky you can still drive the truck.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
I NEVER drive without a dashcam now, if would have saved a lot of fuss if I'd have had one in the crash.
I've seen a lot of dashcam vids on YouTube which convinced me to get one -- bought this cheapie Amazon.com : 2.5-Inch HD Rotatable LED IR DVR Video Camcorder with Camera Holder : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Electronics a few months back, but didn't install it It has been an expensive lesson, and avoidable.
Yowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

Defo worth having, you see so much bad driving on the roads, it might help someone else too. I concealed the wire behind the headlining, and down the rubber door seal so I don't even know it's there now.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote