New Member... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
emisions are improving this year on them, as well as with low sulpher diesel fuel, bio-diesel is sulpher free so it's even better, so unless you are looking for a brand new diesel, or can get bio-diesel you might have to live with worse emisions.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #12
Registered Member

Cool

I hate to ask my husband car questions... he looks at me like I'm nuts already.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to share a thought, which I think a lot of people can probably relate to.

If you have a spouse or someone of "significance", who is not into the gas game, to the same level that you are, your life, your relationships are more important than any gas saving you might accomplish by trying to get someone else to drive the way you think they ought to drive. I would recommend an approach of taking what you can do and what you learn and apply it to yourself, when you are driving. If they are not "into it", your relationship with them is much more important than them getting "into it". Additionally, your life will go a lot smoother if they aren't unhappy with you because your trying to get them to get "into it".

Just my opininon, for what it's worth.

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
Registered Member

Red face

Yeah... I try not to push what I believe on to my husband and yet he usually adapts and takes on some of my behaviors as his own without me nagging about that. The nagging comes into play because I want MY car to be what I want... HE bought thousands of dollars in tools that HE wanted (within a year and a half ), so he agreed to get me a new car. A VW bug was HIS suggestion because and I quote "they are good on gas and easy to work on". Besides I take my car to the garage where he works so he fixes everything with his coworkers and as an added bonus I can hang out a little, have lunch with him, or play pool while I wait. Strangely enough I do like him and don't try to make him miserable. P.S. Ryland thanks for the heads up on the emissions improvement!

slowmomma is offline   Reply With Quote