Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Thumbs up Any "Motorheads" here?

Just wondering if anyone here has a gas guzzing muscle car they like to take out to waste the gas they save with thieir high MPG vehicle? lol I'm a total motorhead, and I can see the MPG game as another facet of being an automotive enthusiast. It's fun to tinker and experiment to try and gain MPG, just like it is to build horse power. I love engines and their inner workings, and love modern technology. I currently have 2 "muscle" projects to go along with my Cavalier MPG project. My nearest and dearest project is my 73 AMX, which has been in and out of my life since 1996. My long term plan for it is to run open road/top speed events, and I'm shooting for 200+ MPH top speeds.
I have an engine in the works which is based on an 350 LT1 Chevrolet, bored and stroked to 396 CI. I have a set of cylinder heads which are 4 valves per cylinder, but still utilize pushrods and the stock cam location. Each pushrod actuates 2 valves, via a shaft rocker set up. Pretty cool stuff, but very unproven concept. That's why I've been at this engine since 1999. lol
My other project is a 1987 Buick T-Type, equipped with a 3.8 turbocharged/ intercooled V6. It is a former drag car which has been sitting, so it's resurrection has been kinda long and drawn out. I'm doing a lot of suspension work to it, as I want to make it able to hang with sports cars in the twisties, and blow them away on the straightaways. lol I'm also approaching this project from an efficiency standpoint, as the Buick 231 V6 is a well designed engine, and turbocharging is awesome, due to the fact you are making power with a waste product. I'm hoping to see around 450 HP and 25+ MPG. Well, enough about my stuff...what are you people working on?

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote