Band Wagon Jumper, CRX VX conversion - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
Registered Member

Re: Band Wagon Jumper, CRX VX conversion

That is cool, at least I am learning about these cars. I have never owned a honda until now, but I have owned a lot of sports cars and muscle cars. I have recommended hondas to people over the years, because they are great cars, and when the maintenance is kept up, they run forever, or close to it. I ended up buying this car to prove a point to a buddy, about gas mileage. He did not believe me about any car getting over 50 mpg. I figured I would show him, and next thing you know, I am driving 530 miles to go get a car with no engine or trans. I did a little research before buying it, because I wanted to put the VX engine in, due to the HP it has over the HF. Now, I am wondering about going to the stage 3 engine, but trying to find a manual ECU for them is hard. I am on a nother forum, and asked about the stage 3 ECU, and someone told me there is no such thing, and now I cannot even open my thread with it shutting down. I am thinking of adding a turbo or something to make sure the car has enough power to get out of its own way, just incase. I am not trying to make a hot rod, only a gas saver.

Porscheman912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #12
Registered Member

There is a user named "pfgpro" that has completed several high mpg turbo projects and some custom engine tuning/fuel mapping. You might do a search for some of his posts.

GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #13
Registered Member

great, thank you

Porscheman912 is offline   Reply With Quote