basjoos has a web site? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

basjoos has a web site?

I was curious about what was new at metrompg.com and found this. I haven't been to the site yet but think it is ineteresting. anyone ineterested in aerodynamics of a car should take a look.

http://www.metrompg.com/posts/aeroci...onda-civic.htm

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Registered Member

I followed the link from the Digg reference, and the was a claim of 95 mpg (@ 65 mph), rather than 70. While very cool, the shell is still a bit rough, making me wonder what one with smoother transitions could achieve.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Direct link: http://aerocivic.com/

I liked this bit:
Quote:
Another fringe benefit is protection from damage when encountering deer on the road, the low sloped front of the car scoops them up and over the top of the car with minimal damage to both deer and car.
Do you suppose he's tested that?

maximilian, the site claims 95mpg@65mph for level smooth road, and in the following paragraph says 70mpg average.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Registered Member

Modern day cow pusher?

The Digg link was actually to someplace else where that info wasn't listed. Thanks for clarifying (and finding the real link).

$400? That's pretty darned cheap. Wonder how long it took.

co de pen den cy

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

he did say he hit a deer at some point. he talked about it on here but it was in a different thread (not one he started).

Old 03-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
One thing I didn't know about his car before: He's got an adjustable grille block, the sort often discussed on this forum but (until now) I never knew anyone had actually tried.

Quote:
The rounded nose lowers my stagnation point to reduce the amount of air passing under the car. It also houses my adjustable grill inlet so I can adjust my cooling air drag to the amount actually needed to cool the engine. Most cars use a one-size-fits-all approach to grill inlet design with a grill opening sized for the worst case cooling scenario. Since the underside of the engine compartment is paneled, I exhaust the radiator air out through the front wheel wells.
I wonder how much all his modifications weigh? However much, they're obviously making up for it in aerodynamic improvement!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
Registered Member

There's something on the bottom center of the front that might be a panel of some sort. Can't really see much, though. Good thing he isn't required to have a front license plate.

co de pen den cy

Old 03-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
Registered Member

he also lives in south carolina that requires no inspection.

I have a friend that used to live their. he left when he got out of the air force. he said that you can literally get away with whatever. get your tag and drive.

I like to point that out whenever i talk about his car

Old 03-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
he did say he hit a deer at some point. he talked about it on here but it was in a different thread (not one he started).
My dad's accountant had a early 80 Carrera. He hit a dear and it rolled completely over his hood, windshield, and roof then ran away! As I recall there was minimal hood damage and maybe a slightly misaligned bumper.

Funny story about that guy when he died. In his will, he left my dad all of his suits that spanned over 3 decades! Too bad he didn't leave behind his Carrera for my dad
Old 03-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
Registered Member

"the Cd tested out to be 0.17"

Highly unlikely that car has a Cd of 0.17

That guy needs proof from a place like the Lockheed Martin wind tunnel that NASCAR teams use to test their 'areo mods'. The Lockheed Martin wind tunnel is located at Naval Air Station Atlanta. That guy should contact one of the NASCAR teams and see if they will allow him to have his Civic tested next time they rent the wind tunnel.

want2buyVX is offline   Reply With Quote