Civic VX -post your MPG - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #41
Registered Member

Re: Civic VX -post your MPG

MoS2 in the product I mention is all sub 1 micron in size and many users of it today over at BITOG, even in transmissions IIRC but that is where the debate rests. Not sure about it's use there, however, like any delicate formulation too much 'can' be bad. I wouldn't add MoS2 powder that's for sure, to be clear.

Too much magnesium in oils previously as compared to calcium lead to a decrease in wear protection when compared to calcium; even though both clean it takes more calcium to clean compared to magnesium. Hence the loads of calcium previously in passenger car motor oils when compared to diesel or HDEO; low cal/higher mag.

The VIN on my VX species it is not only made in CAN, like all VX models are, but that is the Canadian model; the Factory Service Manual spelled this out when I looked at it and another user questioned me before on this but it was confirmed. However, it's strange I don't have the DRL though it 'was' sold at a local dealership originally. Just strange VIN mix up perhaps...

That's what it seems like to me at this point, but that is very confusing! lol.

If you haven't heard about Odyssey batteries before:

http://www.odysseybattery.com/

I've got to replace my battery before the summer kills it, it has one bad cell already. I'm getting a local Costco battery, though. (rebranded Johnson Controls)

Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #42

I dont have a VX but as you can see with very little Mods, my AT DX with a d16z6 can get good MPG. I have no rear seats and cold air intake. I don't hyper-mill anymore otherwise I can get almost if not 5mpg, since at fuelly you can can see i was almost there hyper-milling.
[IMG][/IMG]

metalslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalslug View Post
I dont have a VX but as you can see with very little Mods, my AT DX with a d16z6 can get good MPG. I have no rear seats and cold air intake. I don't hyper-mill anymore otherwise I can get almost if not 50mpg*edit correction, since at fuelly you can can see i was almost there hyper-milling.
[IMG][/IMG]
Correction of 50mpg in the above quote, not 5mpg.
metalslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #44
Registered Member

I'm not sure what this tank will end up being, but I'm on a monster tank right now. May very likely be my best mpg ever. I love my VX!!!!
VX_Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:50 AM   #45
Registered Member

I've only had my VX for a few months. I just completed my first full tank with my MPGuino and got 61.7 MPG. Previous tank was only 52 and change. I was concentrating on trying to get 60 MPG each trip that I made but I found that if I watch the overall tank mileage instead I actually get better per trip mileage that way since it's harder to raise the overall tank mileage.
1carnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #46
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
I'm not sure what this tank will end up being, but I'm on a monster tank right now. May very likely be my best mpg ever. I love my VX!!!!
Another week has passed and I'm still rocking on this tank. This is going to be my best tank ever!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #47
Registered Member

Tank finally hit empty last night. Filled up this afternoon. Numbers were personal bests for FE and mpg. Got 662 miles for the tank overall on 12.03 gallons for an average of 55.1 mpg. Incredible!!!! Take that and stick it where the sun don't shine, Big Oil!!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #48
Registered Member

^Do you live in an area with stop and go with hills? What is the terrain? Also, what are your tires inflated to? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #49
Registered Member

I live in Northeast Arkansas. There are very few hills, but a few. Jonesboro has a population of about 60,000 so the traffic is relatively light most of the time except 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. You can do a lot of coasting on the hills that will save a lot of gas but this is not what I would consider "hilly" country like the Ozarks, or parts of Kentucky or Tennessee. In many places it's just downright flat as can be. My tires are maxed out at 44 psi. The ride is a little stiff or bumpy but the mpg's are worth it.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #50
Registered Member

Have a CX with a VX engine/transmission and extensive aeromods. Mostly rural driving 45 to 65mph with some hypermiling. Get high 60's mpg in the winter and high 70's in the summer.