FE Challenge- Fish or cut bait - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

FE Challenge- Fish or cut bait

Looks like we have a few issues to iron out.

Let's give the Misers5 there due. There the champs of version 1.0. Now we're on Version 2.0.

First. We need to decide whether we want a 4 week or a 6 week cycle. Hardcore Fe is a grind we lost 2 out of 15 on the last cycle. I'm for the 42 day cycle. When winter hits folks will be driving less so the min fill won't be as restrictive. Most did not have a problem with the extension. With team mates coming and going the cycle period really does not matter. It's a double edge sword between burnout and hitting your stride.

Second. What to do with drivers coming and going. I think the easy thing to do is just have new drivers start on Monday. Start a new team % avg with that driver for that day and the rest of the team from the begining of the cycle and then at the end of the cycle average the old and the new. All rules with car quailification and min fills will apply.

Third. Do we want a series. 2 series (march-Sept) and (Oct-Feb) If we decide to do the series we need to start with Version 2.0 so we need to get this taken care of.

Fourth. I think the scoring and results need to be transparent. We need to be able to see how the team arrived at their score. (this is way down on the list of things)
Once the issues are taken care of we just drive.

All FE challenge members please respond if you have a comment. Let discuss this here and not with PM's to Rh77 who then has to post here. Let's put this baby to bed this week if possible and move forward.

Let's make constructive comments and have a discussion. If you don't have opinions fine but if you do then let us know about it so we can get back to driving.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
Looks like we have a few issues to iron out.

First. We need to decide whether we want a 4 week or a 6 week cycle. Hardcore Fe is a grind we lost 2 out of 15 on the last cycle. I'm for the 42 day cycle. When winter hits folks will be driving less so the min fill won't be as restrictive. Most did not have a problem with the extension. With team mates coming and going the cycle period really does not matter. It's a double edge sword between burnout and hitting your stride.
42 day cycle it is then. If some people don't like it, tough. Being democratic on this issue is not going to be feasible.

Quote:
Second. What to do with drivers coming and going. I think the easy thing to do is just have new drivers start on Monday. Start a new team % avg with that driver for that day and the rest of the team from the begining of the cycle and then at the end of the cycle average the old and the new. All rules with car quailification and min fills will apply.
That works for me and makes sense. It will give the teams a few days to get ready for the challenge.

Quote:
Third. Do we want a series. 2 series (march-Sept) and (Oct-Feb) If we decide to do the series we need to start with Version 2.0 so we need to get this taken care of.
I'm a little bit confused by this. What would be the benefit of doing this & what changes would there be for a 'series' (maybe I missed that thread?)?

Quote:
Fourth. I think the scoring and results need to be transparent. We need to be able to see how the team arrived at their score. (this is way down on the list of things)
Once the issues are taken care of we just drive.
I thought this part would be quite simple, no? Every Sunday all the members of each team state their fillups and scangauge guestimates (where applicable) to the TC which is relayed to a F.E.T.C. moderator (Rh77) for calculation, no?

On a side note: do you think we should have a separate forum catagory for the Team Challange posts? It's kind of hard to keep track of F.E.T.C. issues when the discussion is tossed with the "General Discussion" Forum. Just my two cents.

Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #3
Registered Member

Data and New Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
I thought this part would be quite simple, no? Every Sunday all the members of each team state their fillups and scangauge guestimates (where applicable) to the TC which is relayed to a F.E.T.C. moderator (Rh77) for calculation, no?

On a side note: do you think we should have a separate forum catagory for the Team Challange posts? It's kind of hard to keep track of F.E.T.C. issues when the discussion is tossed with the "General Discussion" Forum. Just my two cents.
Perhaps I can post the spreadsheet to show where everyone is, and explain the rationale of calculations.

Side Note approved! Check out the new Forum under the Community Connections area! (this has probably been moved there by the time you read this...so...here it is). Thanks to Matt for a speedy delivery.

-The Commish
Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
Registered Member

Excellent! Wow, I didn't think we had that many threads for F.E.T.C.! Much easier to locate, thanks!
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
First. We need to decide whether we want a 4 week or a 6 week cycle.
My preference would be shorter cycles, with a break in between each one (Did a 120 mile rural trip today that was 90% P&G - tiring!)

I'll do one more cycle (whatever its length), but I can tell you now, I'll be wanting a break after that.

So: team slow burn - anybody interested in the "captain" role when that time comes? Might as well throw it out there now so we're ready. (The job is easy - it's mostly just basking in the glorious title. )
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:

When I said start on Monday I meant that on any Monday since results are due on Sunday.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote