Fed Up With Gas Prices!!! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: At what price will you stop buying gas?
$6 1 12.50%
$7 0 0%
$8 0 0%
$9 7 87.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #11
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
i would have put that i wouldnt but that was not an option.

i will always buy gas to race even if i ride my bicycle to work every day, but thats because all 3 offices are 3, 5 and 7 miles away.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #12
Registered Member

You have to really wonder how the economy would be with $20.00 a gallon gas? One fill up would cost me $840

Old 07-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReportGasPrices View Post
You have to really wonder how the economy would be with $20.00 a gallon gas? One fill up would cost me $840
$20/gallon.... I can remember I never put $20 worth in my Bonneville, even when I bought premium... although premium was $1.05/gal at the time...

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #14
Registered Member

$1.05 for premium those were the days!
Old 07-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #15
Registered Member

Would go back to using only one car for the family and business. Drop off daughter at school, drop off wife to work and then off to work. I work out of my home. I would use the Mazda.
1cheap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #16
Registered Member

That's definitely something I could see myself doing, might as well go to the grocery store and pay the high prices while your already out
www.reportgasprices.com
Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #17
Registered Member

OPEC doesn't want us to have an economic collapse.

Like the Heroin addict, they want you to live to purchase more of their product.

Gas prices here dropped to less than $3.75 per gallon today. The arabs are hoping they can keep us from deciding it's really time to make a significant change in our habits. They are betting we will do the same thing we did before, accept the cost as a fact of life and continue buying gas hogs.

They laugh while we argue about democratic or republican proposals, and quietly buy our banks, insurance companies, and other profitable businesses.
This is so when the oil gravy train finally dies they can just move to their new occupation, and we go from their customers to their employees.

Your best bet is to consider it at $20 per gallon and act appropriately. I am not sure what your business activities are, but there are always options. Log your vehicle use and see when you actually must use so large and hungry an option.

Look at something like a Dodge Sprinter and a trailer, or other combinations that would allow you to reduce fuel costs dramatically.

regards
gary
Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #18
Registered Member

Exactly they are trying to push our buttons to see what we are willing to pay for gas. If gas is too high and people stop buying, this will hurt there economy and they won't be able to spend $5 Billion (gas money) like they did with Wachovia. This however is unlikely to happen until we figure a solution for more homegrown oil.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #19
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReportGasPrices View Post
Exactly they are trying to push our buttons to see what we are willing to pay for gas. If gas is too high and people stop buying, this will hurt there economy and they won't be able to spend $5 Billion (gas money) like they did with Wachovia. This however is unlikely to happen until we figure a solution for more homegrown oil.
I think this time is the last time. We suffered through this twice in the 70's, decided we were going to switch to alternative energy, then OPEC cut the prices to the point we abandoned our alternative energy efforts. I think even if they cut the prices this time the alternative energy technology has progressed to the point that there will be enough people demanding it, no matter how cheap gas may get. The American public has had enough of OPEC playing with us like this. Plus with our economy like this the price of imported fuel is just making our economy worse. I believe (and pray) $4/gal gas has put the final nail in OPEC's coffin and their stranglehold on us.

If we produce more within our borders then we buy less oil from OPEC. We get some hydrogen, ethanol, and electric vehicles on the roads, that's even less that we have to buy from them. Then work on nuclear, coal, wind, solar, and hydroelectric and that's even less we buy from them. Personally I would buy E85 and run it in my truck, but its not available in my area.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #20
Registered Member

Back in the 70's my dad was on a tug boat in the north east. I wasn't around back then, but he told me stories about how the oil companies had the oil barges to stay out in the ocean, while the prices kept getting higher & higher! Isn't that something