First GS meet! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #11
*shrug*

Ya rly, you figure something

Ya rly, you figure something out dan, it's your house and ****.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #12
XFi
Registered Member

Coroplast

May have to drive to Pittsburg just to score some Coroplast

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
Registered Member

Re: Ya rly, you figure something

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Ya rly, you figure something out dan, it's your house and ****.
OK, here is the plan....

First, SVO snags the CX tranny (and anything else from the CX that he doesn't need).

Second, SVO drives the CX stuff to the Pittsburgh meet. All others are welcome too. I can try to score more cloroplast here if anybody wants some.

Third, SVO helps me install the CX tranny while the others watch and learn from the master (SVO, not me). Of course we can do other mods on whomevers car at the same time.

Fourth, while SVO is installing the tranny, I will be installing his brand spanking new SuperMID (waiting to hear from Yoshi on availability)

Fifth, possibly everyone could do a few FE runs on the marathon course. Bring your scanguages!

This could take all weekend if need be. I have a spare bedroom and a furnished basement and a furnished sunroom that both have comfy couches.

As for timing, we will need SVO to have the tranny and I need to have the new SuperMID. I should know next week about when the SuperMID will be here. I assume he will make me another, keeping fingers crossed.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
*shrug*

Well, I will call the CX guy

Well, I will call the CX guy tomorrow, if you want, I can get the whole damn engine, I was planning on taking it apart so I could get it in the crx though (just taking the head and tranny off, not total disassembly. I kinda wanna rebuild the block for use with a vx head and all **** **** to get myself a spiffy new engine, but we'll see.

I figure I will get enough mileage running in during the 7 hours of driving each way. It's further than Darmouth! (I will be attending it next year, WTF!)
Old 04-01-2006, 04:03 PM   #15
Registered Member

COngrats on Dartmouth! Ivy

COngrats on Dartmouth! Ivy league right? Hope you got a full pass for your parents sake.

No I don't want the block. You take what you want and let me know what is left over. Im hoping the tranny will get me where i want to be which is close to 70 MPG. If not, maybe the CX head, IM/TB. First I want the taller gearing.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #16
*shrug*

Thanks, dartmouth is ivy

Thanks, dartmouth is ivy indeed. I'm getting what I deserve for financial aid, my mom has saved well so all will be fine on that front.

Anyway, we all want taller gearing, but when you consider the CX IM/TB swap taking like an hour tops you start to think you might as well not put it off,
Old 04-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #17
Registered Member

Re: Thanks, dartmouth is ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Thanks, dartmouth is ivy indeed. I'm getting what I deserve for financial aid, my mom has saved well so all will be fine on that front.

Anyway, we all want taller gearing, but when you consider the CX IM/TB swap taking like an hour tops you start to think you might as well not put it off,
An hour? For you maybe. Bring it with the tranny and maybe we can get it all done at once. The thing that always happens is that you are short one part that you didnt think of like a gasket or crush washer, and you cant finish until next week when you can finally get the part. Maybe I need a list of parts to have on hand.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #18
*shrug*

I have done it already, so I

I have done it already, so I can watch your back on the parts. It's really not that bad. You've got the lines and **** and then you go ahead and do 8 bolts and extend some wires and la di da.

I'll do a write up on it as part of my MPFI **** some day.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #19
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
from mt holy a trip to pitt

from mt holy a trip to pitt would take under 7 hours if you go 70 the entire way and dont stop. but the fastest route would be to take 38 into philli then take 76 to the pa turnpike. you could also take 206 north to columbus road, which takes you right to the pa turnpike as it meets the border and avoid some of the gross philli traffic.

how do i know this? my fiancee lives just south of johnstown. which is less than 2 hours from pitt.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:21 AM   #20
Registered Member

The easiest way to get to

The easiest way to get to Wexford, which is north of Pittsburgh is to take I-76 to exit 3 which is Rt 19 and head south. My house is about 15 minutes away. But you may want to take I-70 west and then I-79 North to the Wexford Exit #73 east which is Rt 910. It is longer but you won't have to pay any tolls. My guess is about $10 in tolls on I-76.