Hey everyone.. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2007, 08:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to baddog671
Hey everyone..

Hi all, I just joined the group and first want to say hi!

I have a `95 Geo Metro, 1.0L 3 cyclinder, 5 speed. So far it is stock in regards to mechanics and aerodynamics, but I have cleaned about 70-75 pounds off of the original curb weight, not to meantion about 20 pounds of my own crap sitting in it.

Just want to ask what are some things I can do to improve the MPG? I have recently replaced the airfilter and fuelfilter, new plugs/wires/cap not too long ago, new radiator(the old was insanely rotted) and fluid flush, all that weight removed, and thats about it. Also, someone tore my pass. mirror off so you can call that an "aero mod" if you want .

I do watch how I drive. Drive slower, lower rpm shifts, drift in nuetral when I can, and turn it off when Im sitting in the local construction lines. This has really boosted my miles lately. Ill have to get my log out and add it up but I used to get about 32-36mpg before I tried real hard, now my record is 45.5, and soon to blow the 50 mark out of the water.

Thanks guys!

Old 06-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Registered Member

welcome, always nice to see more metros on here. You should be able to do pretty well with that car.

Some mpg tips, make sure your car is warming up properly, make sure it is tuned well (timing etc), make sure it rolls freely by pushing it by hand and see how well it rolls. A good way to make sure your brakes aren't dragging etc. Air up your tires nice and hard but safely. Driving style plays a big role once you get a good running/rolling car.
You could put a smooth cover over the broken mirror.
can't wait to see pics and a gaslog

jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote