how i did it (Fuel heater) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

how i did it (Fuel heater)

make a 3/8 copper coil about 6 inches long and coil it around your radiator return line insulate it i used a beer coozie and metal tape and connect it to you gas line going to the injectors ..works best with fuel injection i got 62mpg in a 92 stealth r/t now everyone go save some gas if you get a huge increase like me you toss a dollar my way

chope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Registered Member

why would this improve mpg?

aych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

I don't get it either, are you heating up your fuel or are you drawing antifreeze through your injectors?
Old 05-27-2008, 02:13 AM   #4
Registered Member

you are heating it up vaoprizing or expanding meanin all the fuel will be burnt just make a 3/8 copper coil around your hot radiator hose and connect the gas lines it IS that simple and you will see CRAZY improvments
Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 AM   #5
Registered Member

and if there are concerns about saftey let me add that on my first one i had a major leak that didnt cause a fire and on top of that i wrecked my stealth doing well over one hundred twenty mph..nothing happened..plus your only heating it up to your operating temp so if your radiator hose would bust if it got too hot thats an added saftey bonus all for the price of come 3/8 soft copper..im a plumber so i get mine for free :0l
Old 05-27-2008, 03:46 AM   #6
Registered Member

In theory preheating the fuel would allow for better atomization.

The problem with your claim, if I understand what you are claiming is the fuel flow through the system is high enough to move gallons of fuel per minute, and some heat is already transferred when the fuel passes through the engine compartment.

I have monitored this using a FULL tank of fuel and the temperature rise is significant.

The downside is IF you succeed in heating your fuel to 180 degrees the vapor will be inhaled through the evaoprative emissions system and fed to the engine through the purge vacuum line.

Dont think I want a tank of fuel at 180 degrees, but your experiment is interesting.

As far as the 65 MPG claim in a Dodge Stealth, I can get 70 in my 82 year old mothers Cadillac, GOING DOWNHILL.

regards
badger
Old 05-27-2008, 04:33 AM   #7
Registered Member

they make magnetic block heaters, why not just slap one on your fuel tank and plug it in 30 minutes before your commute? Personally, I wouldn't worry much about it, but that would work TONS better than heating the small fuel line which R.I.D.E. having mentioned the flow through is fast enough that heating a portion of the line won't be very beneficial.
'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:36 AM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
That is going to make your entire tank of gas expand as well, altering the amount of gas you can ad when you fill up making your apparent mpg jump like crazy.
How many tanks of gas did you go through when you tried this?
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
Registered Member

this technique has been tried on serveral vehichles my stealth got the most increase which i say was around 62 but in reality was more because i drove around my town a few times before i tripped my milage odometer..here is the list of vehicles that i have tried it on

late eighties nissan sentra - forty eight mpg
big chevy luxary van carburated 350 8cyl/- from 11 to 16
95 dodge work van from fifteen to thirty one mpg

you guys can speculate on this all you want it works i know it works and as for heating up the entire tank to 180 degrees i doubt that will happen its like an instant hot water heater it only heats the water up after in runs throug the coil if you put your hand ten feet back its not hot..and i ran that stealth for almost a year before i wrecked it with no problems and constant results.

i just wanted to help out the people that NEED to save gas by passing on the info that i KNOW.

dont speculate just try it and monitor it you wont regret it also i dont remeber all the cars and numbers but my stealth emmisions were better and i gained
4hp on the dyno and just about every car we tried doubled gas mileage except carburated motors.
we tried to figure out why my stealth got suck a high increase and we feel it was because of the injector size
Old 05-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chope View Post
you guys can speculate on this all you want it works i know it works...i just wanted to help out the people that NEED to save gas by passing on the info that i KNOW.
The science behind this post ... simply awe-inspiring...

dosco is offline   Reply With Quote