How Much Do You Think This Vx Is Worth! - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
man i dont know why you guys think that this car could be worth more than $3k. its less than 20k from its 2nd timing belt change, every single bushing on it has to be tired, and all of the wear and tear items that have not been replaced yet will probably fail soon (shocks, cv joints, bearings, hoses, etc.) i mean really who would pay more than $2000 for that car even it. i bet it rides weird because it has lowering springs with oem shocks.

dont call me a cheapskate because i know how much a 13 year old car with an original msrp of $11k and 166k miles is worth.

to the op, if you are really thinking about buying this car, you can try to talk the guy down using all this negative criteria as you point out every single scratch, dent, and/or spot of rust. Also find out if the car has ever been in an accident. Bottom line, do not pay more than $2000 for this car.
lol all true, 166k is up there in miles, still has life but not more than $2000 worth... stand behind the car and have him start it up if its been sitting awhile(a day or so) if you see any blue or white smoke i wouldnt touch the car...

check for underbody damage, sicne its lowered and has no frame it can easily get a dent in the floor or somehting and cause either a rust hole if not already or will down the road.

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote