Hydrogen Generator! - Page 15 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #141
*shrug*

Doubled the mpgs on a 6.7

Doubled the mpgs on a 6.7 liter engine? Holy snap. Do you have any pictures of you set up? And you said it only drew 15-30 amps? That's not much, I think most cars' alternators put out like 120ish. Glad to have you around.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #142
Registered Member

Electrolysis vs chemical

I would have to agree that the electrolysis method is much more easy to control I.E. Stop and start the electrolysis process. Like everyone on this forum I have been researching H2 injection, Over unity devices and basically anything that will reduce my dependence on oil and electric companies. As an electronics person by trade and as a hobby I tend to lean to what I know best.
I came across a simple circuit to control the start, rate and stopping of the electrolysis process which is vital to having a safe vehicle and not one that leaves you with the uneasy feeling of not knowing if your car will explode when you next start it up.
The circuit only uses 5 active components and 16 passives. It controls the electrodes by sending a pulsed 12vdc output of varying duty cycle to start and control the rate of electrolysis. The input is either from the vehicles throttle position sensor or you can rig a potentiometer to the throttle linkage. Either will work, although the TPS will work best. Let me know if you'd like the schematic.

GasSavers_JAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #143
Registered Member

Re: Electrolysis vs chemical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnderson
I would have to agree that the electrolysis method is much more easy to control I.E. Stop and start the electrolysis process. Like everyone on this forum I have been researching H2 injection, Over unity devices and basically anything that will reduce my dependence on oil and electric companies. As an electronics person by trade and as a hobby I tend to lean to what I know best.
I came across a simple circuit to control the start, rate and stopping of the electrolysis process which is vital to having a safe vehicle and not one leaves you with the uneasy feeling of not knowing if your car will explode when you next start it up.
The circuit only uses 5 active components and 16 passives. It controls the electrodes by sending a pulsed 12vdc output of varying duty cycle to start and control the rate of electrolysis. The input is either from the vehicles throttle position sensor or you can rig a potentiometer to the throttle linkage. Either will work, although the TPS will work best. Let me know if you'd like the schematic.
No offense but I have a system that can work at any rpm I want. And it can stop working at any rpm I want. Good luck with your generator. I can install it in my car but it won't help a car that has tranny problems.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #144
Registered Member

electrolysis vs. chemical

None taken. I'm open to any ideas and genuinely seek to understand the issues with H2 generation and would like to know how you start, control and stop the process.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #145
Registered Member

Re: electrolysis vs. chemical

Quote:
None taken. I'm open to any ideas and genuinely seek to understand the issues with H2 generation and would like to know how you start, control and stop the process.
MSD digital window switch. Read up on it. It connects to a rpm source and at special rpm it can either take away electricity or give electricity to the device you connect it to. BTW, you get to choose any rpm you want at the push of a button.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #146
Registered Member

H2

MSD digital window switch, sounds like an encoder or pulse position indicator. So what is the output of the switch? 0-12vdc?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #147
Registered Member

Your system

[quote]I have been scouring the internet devouring whatever info I can on OU, fuelless motors, H2 injection and would like to get more info on what you've done. Double the mileage on your diesel? I read that H2 injection on diesels will be the wave of the future but if you've done it then my hats off to you. I'm an electronics guy so I opt for the electronically controlled electrolysis methods over chemical. Just seems much safer to me. I'd be willing to share whatever info I have if you will share on your current system.

Jerry
Old 01-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #148
Registered Member

Re: H2

Quote:
MSD digital window switch, sounds like an encoder or pulse position indicator. So what is the output of the switch? 0-12vdc?

Basically it takes away the ground or gives ground at any rpm.

Old 01-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #149
Registered Member

This has been on my mind.

I have a series of questions:

* So will running an H2 setup oxidize vital components of the engine?
* Is anyone running a hydrogen setup, and what is the actual figures of mileage increase?
* Since the hydrogen creates a stronger explosion, wouldn't the compression ratio go up, and if the engine isn't equipped properly, would the head gasket blow?
* Why aren't more people like us using it?

RH77
Old 01-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #150
Registered Member

Re: This has been on my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
I have a series of questions:

* So will running an H2 setup oxidize vital components of the engine?
NO, I asked a chemist this.
* Is anyone running a hydrogen setup, and what is the actual figures of mileage increase?
No, if they are their results are either crazy or something keeps breaking on their car.
* Since the hydrogen creates a stronger explosion, wouldn't the compression ratio go up, and if the engine isn't equipped properly, would the head gasket blow?
No, because the hydrogen isn't introduced at high pressure like nitrous. There is only a little amount of hydrogen.
* Why aren't more people like us using it?
Because there are no amp results and I work too many hours to go and find/buy a amp meter.

RH77
Fixed it for you.