Hydrogen Generator! - Page 16 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #151
Driving on E

Jerry, welcome to tbe

Jerry, welcome to tbe board.

I have been interested in the h2 generator only as a bystander for some time. I do not intend on installing a hydrogren generator until I see some concrete results backed with a good statistical analysis. having an extra electronics guy on board though is a bonus for a number of reasons. Not only can you help with the R&D of the h2 generator, but you can hopefully help with other projects that we all might have (making a pulse and glide cruise control, for example).

Compaq888, you need to realize that other people in the world are in fact using a hydrogen generator. Not everyone on the internet is waiting for SVOBoy to get you AMP results.

The lack of reliable results from many H2 generators does not mean that their results are either crazy or that something keeps breaking on their cars. It sounds to me that you already have your conclusion and you are only seeking out data that supports it. I think it means that the system itself needs refining, not that every person who has reported results using an h2 generator drives a lemon and therefore cannot be trusted.

The fact is that the jury is still out on these things.

rh77 most people don't use these systems because the ones that "work" cost around $500. You have to be a very hard core enthusiast to spend $500 on something that might not even work. I'd personally rather spend the money on new apolstry for my n600. At least I can see the results for that.

I would be more than happy to assist any way I can in the production of a h2 generator. Maybe one day I'll even install one.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #152
Registered Member

Your post

[/quote]
Matt,
Thanks very much for the nice welcome. =) I'm convinced H2 is the way to go especially with what's going on in area of diesel engines. I'm also convinced based on many hours of research is that chemical separation of H2 from H20 is not easily controllable and just outright dangerous. Electrode material and electrolyte used is really the key to fine tuning this technology along with a good circuit for controlling the signal (whether outright brute amperage or some other elegant signal). I will be building the electrolysis controller in the next two weeks and will test it at work. I will probably just buy a throttle position sensor and rig it up as my input. Safety is big in my book so I will at minimum use a backflash arrestor once I actually start testing the electrolyzer itself.
I also agree that there is a lot of information and misinformation and one needs be careful.

GasSavers_JAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:43 AM   #153
Driving on E

Re: Your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnderson
Matt,
Thanks very much for the nice welcome. =) I'm convinced H2 is the way to go especially with what's going on in area of diesel engines. I'm also convinced based on many hours of research is that chemical separation of H2 from H20 is not easily controllable and just outright dangerous. Electrode material and electrolyte used is really the key to fine tuning this technology along with a good circuit for controlling the signal (whether outright brute amperage or some other elegant signal). I will be building the electrolysis controller in the next two weeks and will test it at work. I will probably just buy a throttle position sensor and rig it up as my input. Safety is big in my book so I will at minimum use a backflash arrestor once I actually start testing the electrolyzer itself.
I also agree that there is a lot of information and misinformation and one needs be careful.
If you'd like I can send you a few TPS sensors. I frequent the junkyards and one of them has to work for you. at the very least it could save you a little money.

If you're interested let me know which brand you'd like it to be (honda, nissan, ford, etc.) and I'll do my best to help.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #154
Registered Member

My car has a hydrogen

My car has a hydrogen generator installed for 3 months but it does not provide better mpg nor lowers it.

It draws its electricity from battery and produces too little hydrogen at constant rate.

I was thinking about building a similar device too but when i learned that there already exists someone that builds and sells it in Ankara i decided to buy it.

After discovering that it does not provide better mpg nor lowers i didnt want to take it out of the car, i will just keep it working.
Part of the reason is i just love these kinds of gadgets and if i had to build it myself i would probably spend much more effort and time. I payed 230$ = 325 New Turkish Liras. Which is somewhat reasonable price for me for this kinds of bargains... But no more...

For the product:
The shop that produces the unit installs it. And this is its webpage: http://www.ekomax.com/urun.htm (click on the thumbnails to have an idea about the device)
Capcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:42 AM   #155
Registered Member

Capcom

Capcom,
I'll take a look at the ekomax website, but there are several factors which could inhibit the effectiveness of the H2 generator. O2 sensor, MAP sensor, and the intake air sensor just to name a few. You may just need to trick the 02 sensor into getting your engine to run leaner.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #156
Registered Member

JAnderson: I agree sir.In

JAnderson: I agree sir.

In fact i built and tested an electronic circuit to trick oxygen sensors signals.. and it provided %5 percent better economy.
More details here:

http://www.gassavers.org/forum_topic/tricking_your_02_sensor.html

http://www.gassavers.org/forum_topic/how_dangerous_is_lean_burn.html

But i dont think its related with my hydrogen generator (Ekomax) as it produces too little hydrogen.. Maybe another type of h2 generator equiped car would benefit more..

Old 01-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #157
Registered Member

H2 gen.

Capcom,
I went to the website but couldn't get much out of it since it was all in your native language. Do you know how much current the generator uses? How do they vary the amount of H2 generated? Where is the H2 inserted?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #158
Registered Member

JAnderson:I couldnt measure

JAnderson:
I couldnt measure the how much current it draws.
I guess it draws very little current and it produces hydrogen+oxygen at constant rate. It does not vary the amount of H2 generated.

I guess it takes approximately 3000km = 1875miles of driving to consume half a liter of electrolytic water.

It has a seperate half a liter electrolyte bottle reservoir.
When the water (the electrolytic fluid) is consumed in electrolysis chamber the electrolysis unit draws water from the reservoir by vacuum.. And the resulting hydrogen+oxygen produced is injected through a small plastic pipe to the intake manifold from one of the engine vacuum lines.
By the way the electrolytic fluid is green in color. They said they did this in order not to people accidentally drink it. I asked what they use for the substance that they put in water in order to make it electrolytic but they didnt tell me.

The device is connected to fuel pump relay so when the engine and the fuel pump starts it also starts and when engine shut off it shuts down also.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 AM   #159
Registered Member

Re: JAnderson:I couldnt measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capcom
JAnderson:
I couldnt measure the how much current it draws.
I guess it draws very little current and it produces hydrogen+oxygen at constant rate. It does not vary the amount of H2 generated.

I guess it takes approximately 3000km = 1875miles of driving to consume half a liter of electrolytic water.

It has a seperate half a liter electrolyte bottle reservoir.
When the water (the electrolytic fluid) is consumed in electrolysis chamber the electrolysis unit draws water from the reservoir by vacuum.. And the resulting hydrogen+oxygen produced is injected through a small plastic pipe to the intake manifold from one of the engine vacuum lines.
By the way the electrolytic fluid is green in color. They said they did this in order not to people accidentally drink it. I asked what they use for the substance that they put in water in order to make it electrolytic but they didnt tell me.

The device is connected to fuel pump relay so when the engine and the fuel pump starts it also starts and when engine shut off it shuts down also.
It does not vary the amount of H2 generated based on throttle position or some other method? If it doesn't vary the amount of h2 and it takes 3000km to consume a half litre of fluid, then yeah I'd say it's not producing near what you need to affect your horsepower or mileage as a properly tuned system will do both.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #160
Registered Member

Yes, That's correct.

Yes, That's correct.