Hydrogen Generator! - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2005, 09:26 PM   #61
Registered Member

I went to home depot again

I went to home depot again for the materials but they didn't have it. They told me to come back later that evening. After class I walked out and my car was hit. Thank god they left a note. I will take care of this then I'll continue the project. Going to go and get an estimate.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #62
Registered Member

I am interested in this. I

I am interested in this. I am worried about the safty factor.

So it goes into the air intake?
How long does the hydrogen last?
What kind of mpg gains?

I guess i need to read up a bit.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #63
*shrug*

Haha, reading will help. The

Haha, reading will help. The stuff that makes it go lasts depending on the stuff used and the rate of reaction and all that, the idea is to figure out what lasts best and use it. I don't think the safety factor is that big if you engineer it well, the guy that sells them on ebay for 100 bucks has some sort of shut off thing that kills his. Most mpg gains are given at about 30%, so 10 mpg on your car.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #64
Registered Member

I finally got the 4" ABS

I finally got the 4" ABS pipe. It's really hard to find a piece in home depot. I got my money from the accident too. I will get the car fixed on Monday.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #65
*shrug*

Sounds good, sucks on the

Sounds good, sucks on the accident, but hopefully you can get this running and put out there a good guide or something helpful for people like me, :-)
Old 11-14-2005, 03:15 AM   #66
Registered Member

I'm sorry guys but I'm

I'm sorry guys but I'm really having doubts about the chemical method. It's very unsafe, and I don't want to ruin my car. I'm just starting to get good fuel mileage. I talked to my cousin and he says silver and gold is really good electrodes. He told me they almost/don't corrode. I want to go through with the electrolysis method. I'm going to work close with him on this. He has 10 more classes and he gets a diploma in chemistry(or something like that). Plus his mom is a chemist.

Flatland could you tell me the negatives of electrolysis??? I heard something like it makes oxygen at the same time as hydrogen and it can ignite it in the intake manifold.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:25 AM   #67
Driving on E

Re: I'm sorry guys but I'm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I'm sorry guys but I'm really having doubts about the chemical method. It's very unsafe, and I don't want to ruin my car. I'm just starting to get good fuel mileage. I talked to my cousin and he says silver and gold is really good electrodes. He told me they almost/don't corrode. I want to go through with the electrolysis method. I'm going to work close with him on this. He has 10 more classes and he gets a diploma in chemistry(or something like that). Plus his mom is a chemist.

Flatland could you tell me the negatives of electrolysis??? I heard something like it makes oxygen at the same time as hydrogen and it can ignite it in the intake manifold.
from what I understand you just nailed the negatives of electrolisis. o2 is a by-product as well, but that can be changed if you put baking soda (or another chemical) in your water before electrolisis. Flatland's biggest problem was the electrodes corroding. If a way around that can be found I theorize that electrolisis would be the way to go.

I would never do the chemical method myself. I feel it also to be unsafe and difficult to control.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:06 AM   #68
FE nut

On hydrogen-boost.com Fran

On hydrogen-boost.com Fran Giroux puts a bubbler in between the place where the hose goes into the airbox and the H2 generator. His unit produces H2 and O2 and I never had a problem in the year or so I had it on my Dodge Durango. I ended up taking it off when when I sold the Durango. I would put it on my Saturn but it won't fit. :-(

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:06 PM   #69
*shrug*

Sell it to someone (me)?

Sell it to someone (me)?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #70
FE nut

I could do that but I would

I could do that but I would feel bad charging you what I paid for it. $500. I could sell you the plans to make one but, according to the liscensing agreement I signed at the time, I would still be required to charge $100 for them. I'll talk to Fran Giroux and see if that can be lowered.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote