Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
XFi
Registered Member

Indexing & Side Gapping Spark Plugs

Was searching the 'archives' for side gapping and indexing and found considerable older posts in regards to this. I am still unsure what the 'correct' or 'best' way to point the open side of the gap towards. Most have said towards the valves (favoring the exhaust valve), but others say away from the valves. Also, has anyone side gapped NGK 'V' plugs before. From what I understand, the sharper the edges the better for sidegapping, but would this be ok with these plugs?

WOW...Still trying to plow through the multitude of info on this site! Was Hoping to tweek my Metro one experiment at a time to find out what works, but find myself throwing two or three changes at once just because I can't wait.

Thanks!

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote