Just bought a Civic VX - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 44
Country: United States
Just bought a Civic VX

I just bought a 1995 Honda Civic VX. I flew down to Miami, bought this car and drove it home the same day. It was awesome driving this baby. I got 50 miles to the gallon on the way home.
__________________

__________________
My Gas Saver:
1994 Honda Civic DX Automatic
2003 Toyota Camry SE

Non Gas Saver:
1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
suprapsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Driving on E
 
Matt Timion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,110
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprapsu View Post
I just bought a 1995 Honda Civic VX. I flew down to Miami, bought this car and drove it home the same day. It was awesome driving this baby. I got 50 miles to the gallon on the way home.
Honestly, I've been toying with the idea of selling the Fit (taking a hit) and then buying a VX as well.

No car payments, lower insurance...

But the Fit is fun... I tell you what.
__________________

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
 
kwtorbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 168
Country: United States
Congratulations! I just bought some VX wheels for my HX. What did you pay for the VX and what condition is it in? (if you don't mind me asking).

For anybody interested: There is a VX for sale in Tulsa, Oklahoma with the original d15z1 and 290,000 miles. It has cool looking 5-spoke 17" rims, a really nice interior, burns a quart of oil a month, and he said the first $2300 take it. It is teal and can be found on craigslist.com under VX in Tulsa. I bought the original 13" wheels from him, but I don't think I could get what I paid for from my HX so I am going to fix it up a bit. I like the looks of 96-00 coupes better anyway.
kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Supporting Member
 
Hockey4mnhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 760
Country: United States
Lucky! Those are awsome little cars i wish i had known about them before i bought my car.
__________________
Hockey4mnhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 44
Country: United States
Yeah, this car is awesome. I bought it with 120k miles on it. It is in good condition. I have to buy new tires for it. I paid $2,000. Flew down to Miami and drove it back home.

Yeah, I think the Civic VX is alot better than the Honda Fit. I don't know why they stopped making these cars??? Come on, 50 miles per gallon and half the price of a hybird (brand new civic in 1995)??
__________________
My Gas Saver:
1994 Honda Civic DX Automatic
2003 Toyota Camry SE

Non Gas Saver:
1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
suprapsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
Supporting Member
 
cfg83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,779
Country: United States
Matt -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
Honestly, I've been toying with the idea of selling the Fit (taking a hit) and then buying a VX as well.

No car payments, lower insurance...

But the Fit is fun... I tell you what.
Don't sell the spaceship! Wait until the warranty runs out and then slap an Apex SAFC fuel controller or equivalent onto it so that you can mess with the fuel map. You will have the whole sport-compact-car gadget world of goodies to choose from.

CarloSW2
__________________
Old School SW2 EPA ... New School Civic EPA :

What's your EPA MPG? http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
Supporting Member
 
cfg83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,779
Country: United States
suprapsu -

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprapsu View Post
I just bought a 1995 Honda Civic VX. I flew down to Miami, bought this car and drove it home the same day. It was awesome driving this baby. I got 50 miles to the gallon on the way home.
I'm already too invested in my car to get a VX, but you are now in GasSaver Rock Star territory!

CarloSW2
__________________
Old School SW2 EPA ... New School Civic EPA :

What's your EPA MPG? http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 144
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtorbe View Post
Congratulations! I just bought some VX wheels for my HX. What did you pay for the VX and what condition is it in? (if you don't mind me asking).

For anybody interested: There is a VX for sale in Tulsa, Oklahoma with the original d15z1 and 290,000 miles. It has cool looking 5-spoke 17" rims, a really nice interior, burns a quart of oil a month, and he said the first $2300 take it. It is teal and can be found on craigslist.com under VX in Tulsa. I bought the original 13" wheels from him, but I don't think I could get what I paid for from my HX so I am going to fix it up a bit. I like the looks of 96-00 coupes better anyway.
I've actually been eyeing that one myself. But now that you mention it burns a quart of oil a month, no thanks. My current car burns oil like mad and I'm sick of always having to top off (not to mention it's $6 a quart).
__________________
Scouring the country for an excellent condition Civic VX
Flatland2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Nice score! And great price!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
 
kwtorbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 168
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatland2D View Post
I've actually been eyeing that one myself. But now that you mention it burns a quart of oil a month, no thanks. My current car burns oil like mad and I'm sick of always having to top off (not to mention it's $6 a quart).
Yeah that is why I didn't want to buy it.
__________________

kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
126 mpg! Draigflag General Fuel Topics 4 08-20-2009 10:10 PM
TDI Diesel Cars? suprapsu General Fuel Topics 26 09-26-2007 08:40 PM
U.S. Cars Show No Fuel-Efficiency Gains in 2006 MetroMPG Automotive News, Articles and Products 3 04-26-2007 12:15 PM
Concentrating photovoltaics advancements ... cfg83 General Discussion (Off-Topic) 4 03-01-2007 07:24 AM
Let the games begin! Matt Timion General Fuel Topics 3 08-18-2006 08:22 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.