The Hull Effect - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #51
Registered Member

smokin the tires have little to do with HP... all about gearing. also back then cars had pretty narrow tires compared to nowadays cars of equal sizes.

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post
If you are truly in a position where money is not your motivation whatsoever, it can help you properly develop (from a technical and marketing perspective) your invention/discovery.

-BC
Hello,
Make no doubt, I will enjoy money.
It must be moved from one stream in the economic structure to another stream to get that done.
That is the way things work.
How many hours...blood sweat and tears have people invested in the existing operating parameters after buying the vehicles? for decades?
Many improvements have been made...but never mainstreamed.
Ergo my freedom ofchoices have been taken away from me.
Always in the control of the huge corporations.
The same, or less, efforts put forth by the tinkerers/backyard scientists/etc etc etc ...will only speed up the transition get to mainstream.
AT THE BEGINNING STAGES !!!

I was given 6 months to live, by 6 competent doctors, and until "an accidental intervention" they were correct.
I know how to reverse carpal tunnel syndrome...no surgery...medical fact... documented by a surgeon of 25 years standing...medical history.
I defined the reverse points of 10 previously thought "irreversible medical conditions"...so far they are reversible.
The information did not exist for them to use until that moment in time.
I have defied odds that would make the bookies in Las Vegas cringe !!
That was 3 years ago...
this system is to be my legacy.
It was designed when I was convinced I did not have many tommorrows...I do not know if I will have many tommorrows?
a peculiar mindset; of loss of fears; normally people would cater to those fears.
After what I have been through...survived...time has a different set of values for me...not based on the monetary exchange system.
Am I a wealthy man? No.
Will I be a wealthy man...hope to be.
I used up most of my wealth to stay alive...got to look at my money and knew it was useless for me at the time...
I had excellent medical insurance at the time of my sufferage.
When this technology gets into mainstream...it will extend the known fossil fuel reserves by some 3000 years...maybe more....tommorrows for my decendants.
Please appreciate, when I give of my time, it is a very generous thing.

Robert

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #53
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The engine is rated at 28-30 hsp...when made in 1957.
The best it did was at 2200 rpm's when the torque began to fall off quickly.
The engine never has been over hauled....compression tests at 110-115 psi
How am I able to get the same torque with less fuel at lower rpm's
Reduce fuel consumption at the same time???

Robert
What type of tractor engine was it? Case S or D? Farmall H or M? Ford 8n?

With lower coolant temps, do the engines experience accelerated cylinder bore wear? Accelerated bearing wear from not as much water not cooked out of the oil (and thus acids being formed)?
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #54
Registered Member

the Ford 8N used the model A engine, poured babbat main bearings, flat tappets, flat head, updraft carb, about a 4:1 compression ratio, ford advertised at 40 hp (modern dyno tests one built exactly to ford specs of back then to 38 but whatever lol) if i remember right has a 2800 rpm rev limit before it blows itself up because the crank is not counter balanced. idle is supposed to be 60 rpm (huge 60 lb flywheel helps that lol)

not sure what the engine is supposed to run at (they never had thermostats) as long as it was under the boiling point of water 212* it was happy.

the oil pump makes 1 MAYBE 2 psi, its just designed to pump it up into the valve chamber and then run down to lube the timing gears, valves, and crank mains. the rods were splash oiled from a pan that filled with the oil that ran down from above.

my engine that has been sitting from the prolly mid 50's when i cracked it open it had about 3 qts outa 5 left in the pan (among a 1/2 inch to an inch of sludge but id assume that) it would have and still could be run (still cheaper to find a good used block lol) because mice had made a nest on top the piston, completely corroded a few valves off from thier piss. the main and rods are still great (i have pics if anyone would like to see i can make a separate post lol)
Old 03-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
What type of tractor engine was it? Case S or D? Farmall H or M? Ford 8n?

With lower coolant temps, do the engines experience accelerated cylinder bore wear? Accelerated bearing wear from not as much water not cooked out of the oil (and thus acids being formed)?

Erick,
Decent question.
water only gets into oil at higher temps when the vicosity is at its lowest, or molecular structure is at it weakess....emulsion.
Low operating temps extend oil changes...haven't found metal particulates yet...in oil I sent to labs.
This was after being set up right as can be....cleaned up and all that.
Of course that cannot be "possible" ...everything has wear points???
Wait.... that is excessive heat and/or electrolysis when there are wear points...some form of oxidation.

You might look up "Smart OIL " on google...it will have articles about shock absorbers that change oil viscocities with electrical pulses.

Robert
Old 03-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #56
Registered Member

Quote:
Erick,
Decent question.
water only gets into oil at higher temps when the vicosity is at its lowest, or molecular structure is at it weakess....emulsion.
Low operating temps extend oil changes...haven't found metal particulates yet...in oil I sent to labs.
This was after being set up right as can be....cleaned up and all that.
Of course that cannot be "possible" ...everything has wear points???
Wait.... that is excessive heat and/or electrolysis when there are wear points...some form of oxidation.

You might look up "Smart OIL " on google...it will have articles about shock absorbers that change oil viscocities with electrical pulses.

Robert
...so what tractor engine did you use?
Old 03-31-2010, 04:03 AM   #57

ideal cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifttec101 View Post
5252 is a conversion factor you need when using English values for calculating horsepower.

Thermodynamic efficiency refers to (how much you get)/(how much you put in). The graph is for an ideal Otto cycle, fuel has nothing to do with it... only the ideal cycle.

Remember that's an ideal cycle, the real cycle doesn't get that efficiency. Then on top of that there are losses from friction, heat transfer, etc... real cars actually get 30% efficiency if they are really nice engines.

I really don't buy into the oil company conspiracy theory stuff. Here's why... when the U.S. economy took a dive recently so did the oil prices. Supply and Demand wasn't violated. I really don't think the oil companies have us by the balls as many people think. We use gasoline because it's cheap and there's plenty of it. If Ford could SUCCESFULLY create a 45 MPG carbureted car, market it to the public, and make money from it they would. The oil companies will sell crap on a stick to us if it burnes well and makes them money.
Hello,
It ain't about the oil companies...totally.
It is more about nuke energy staying in the market place...coal energy...to produce electricity.
Ford did not create it....they bought it and shelved it...'it' being several designs.
So did GM and Chrysler.
Almost every design bought up with intimidation tactics.
You use gasoline because they tell you to.
You should google about wet "hydrous ethanol" and read some of the results that have been found out.
State of Louisiana got a waiver from EPA to fleet test wet ethanol.
They have to make thier own...for control issues.
Just so you might keep up, that is ethanol/gas/water blended for better performance

Robert
Old 04-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #58
Registered Member

Mr. Hull,
I find this topic interesting, but something just doesn't ad up.
Why on earth are you posting this.

You seen to be scared of people ripping off your idea, maybe overly so, but understandable. So why would you tell us about it, and don't you have meetings with Toyota to get to?
I see the ICE as a very dated technology that is coming to an end soon. If your thing, whatever it is, works you would be wise to get it to market as quickly as possible. Getting approval from some wankers, like myself, in not a necessary step.

If you where posting because you wanted to share HOW you did this, well that would be great, but you don't seem to be doing that.

I just don't get your motivation. Which leads me to believe you a 16 year old in your mothers basement with far too much free time.
Dr. Jerryrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Hello,
It ain't about the oil companies...totally.
It is more about nuke energy staying in the market place...coal energy...to produce electricity.
Ford did not create it....they bought it and shelved it...'it' being several designs.
So did GM and Chrysler.
Almost every design bought up with intimidation tactics.
You use gasoline because they tell you to.
You should google about wet "hydrous ethanol" and read some of the results that have been found out.
State of Louisiana got a waiver from EPA to fleet test wet ethanol.
They have to make thier own...for control issues.
Just so you might keep up, that is ethanol/gas/water blended for better performance

Robert
I heard of people doing this with different oil weights too.. Humidity from what I have seen, can affect gasoline mpg by increasing it, after driving in many rainstorms, I think someone should be trying the vaporizer mounted on your exhaust headers, but I would be worried about water spilling... ugh
spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #60
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotaneagle View Post
I heard of people doing this with different oil weights too.. Humidity from what I have seen, can affect gasoline mpg by increasing it, after driving in many rainstorms, I think someone should be trying the vaporizer mounted on your exhaust headers, but I would be worried about water spilling... ugh
People ad water in many ways, and with many different benefits. I think the reason more people don't, and it's not in production cars, is that people don't want to fill up a water tank. It's seem like most people today don't know how to open there hoods.

Dr. Jerryrigger is offline   Reply With Quote