Ultimate Geo Engine ReBuilder?/Geo Jeff? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Registered Member

I told you my thoughts take your chances or build it yourself. Do you really need a rebuild? Is the car tired? Are you just looking for Xfi setup? Everyone who is reading just wants to know the end results someone has to be the gunnia pig.

Rusty94cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
Registered Member

Jeff's Geo in Seattle, ever hear of him?

Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
Registered Member

i find it odd that he suggests metro motors are only good for ~125k miles. i guess this would be good for his business IF it were true.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #14
Registered Member

I was once told that geos in general were 60,000 mile cars. This was in college (about 15 years ago) and mine had close to 100,000 miles on it. The guy drove a honda and was really ragging me about my car. I think it was truly out of concern because we were going to a conference about 4 hours away. His car broke down on the way up there, he never made it. My metro made it there and back with no issues and 45+ mpg. Did I mention he was one of the instructors?

that was funny.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
Registered Member

Well the end result is this. I'm not looking to be the guinea pig, whereas I guess it's safe to say that no one here has ever heard of Geo Jeff . Instead, I think I will go with 3-Tech Performance, based solely upon their reputation.

Granted, I would like to think that it were possible to get 5mpg extra out of a base model Geo, via some special CNC process of the cylinder head; but like most of you here, without rigorous testing & proof, it's not worth the potential headaches.
Davo53209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #16
Registered Member

If you really wanted to you could even port and polish your own head. It would Cause better flow. You could get some precise measuring tools you can fill the chambers with liquid and measure to make sure they are truly equal. that's probably 5+ hp right there and it's just an efficiency mod. All you're really doing is removing casting marks.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
Registered Member

I purchased a 89' Geo Metro from Jeff with the "Full Works", everything he offers on his site and more. Drove it 3400 miles from Washington to Florida. The 3 cylinder Suzuki ran flawlessly the whole way at 65+ mph, getting 48mpg!! Recent local driving yielded 55mpg back and forth from Miami. The only real issue I had was a leaky driver side window, but he told me how to fix it via email, and it took less than 5 minutes to fix. The works included; over-sized custom fly-wheel & clutch, super-smooth wheel bearings, struts, hid headlights mod, new engine, new tranny, carpet, wind-shield, mpg cylinder head, Jeff's custom mpg exhaust, LONGER LIFE block honing, Timing Belt Upgrade, Fart fix, over-size bearing on 5th gear, new paint (viper blue), Combustion chambers with Singh Grooves, and more ... I've only had it for 3 weeks now and so far I'm happy. Heck a lot cheaper than a $25k Prius
jryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryer View Post
I purchased a 89' Geo Metro from Jeff with the "Full Works", everything he offers on his site and more. ....

.... I've only had it for 3 weeks now and so far I'm happy. Heck a lot cheaper than a $25k Prius
I'd be interested in your current evaluation. I bought one too and my gas mileage is 33mpg with the modification coming off the valve cover spewing oil all over the engine compartment. I too have had my car a short while so will update this post to indicate whether or not there is any improvement in MPG as the motor "breaks in". I'm not holding my breath though as Geo Jeff moved the goal posts when he heard the figure. Now he tells me that I need to be patient and wait 5000 miles for the complete break in and by then the MPG wil be where it should be!

Also I came across the BBB report of one unsatisfied customer. Wish I'd seen it before making the purchase. Installed a new clutch without a new throwout bearing. Claimed to rebuild a motor that was proven to have had major areas left untouched. Parts were removed from his vehicle in the shop!

I posted warnings on craigslist for a while but he had them flagged for removal. But I got several responses from people with bad experiences and no one with any good reports. I'd be suspicious of a good report now without verifying the location that it came from.
shalamabobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #19
Registered Member

Found it:
Consumer Complaints for Jeff's Geo Metro - Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington BBB
shalamabobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #20
Registered Member

Well, I'm watching this thread. I have been thinking about rebuilding a Metro, and possibly setting it up for lean burn, with an external oil cooler, and such... maybe valves that can handle more heat.. Next time I'm up there, I'll look him up, and chat. I should be able to tell if he knows his stuff, and how honest he is.

fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote