What would you choose? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
What would you choose?

I'm kinda stuck between two cars. I want manual so I can do some hypermiling when I'm not driving around like a jerk ***(yeah, I admit it).

I've got the 2008 Civic Si. I like that it's small, gets alright mileage and it's a fun little car to drive around.

On the other hand I've got the 2008 Mustang Convertible V6. The weather here is PERFECT for a convertible and I strongly prefer RWD and good torque, something the Civic doesn't have much of.

The Civic takes Premium but gets 21/29 while the Mustang takes regular and gets 17/26.

I've test driven almost every car on the market and only really like these two cars. I was unhappy with the normal Civic, Yaris, Corolla, Mazda3, ALL GM cars and the Focus was a joke. If it was cheaper the RAV4 V6 AWD or the Highlander Hybrid 4WD-i would be on the list.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjones96 View Post
I'm kinda stuck between two cars. I want manual so I can do some hypermiling when I'm not driving around like a jerk ***(yeah, I admit it).

I've got the 2008 Civic Si. I like that it's small, gets alright mileage and it's a fun little car to drive around.

On the other hand I've got the 2008 Mustang Convertible V6. The weather here is PERFECT for a convertible and I strongly prefer RWD and good torque, something the Civic doesn't have much of.

The Civic takes Premium but gets 21/29 while the Mustang takes regular and gets 17/26.

I've test driven almost every car on the market and only really like these two cars. I was unhappy with the normal Civic, Yaris, Corolla, Mazda3, ALL GM cars and the Focus was a joke. If it was cheaper the RAV4 V6 AWD or the Highlander Hybrid 4WD-i would be on the list.

I would chose the civic...in fact bothe cars are about equal in accelaration...Plus you can't go wrong with Honda..

If you want you can get a 2008 v6 camry, it's fast if not faster than these 2 cars, takes regular(87), and gets 19 city and 28 hwy...

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #3

Mustang all the way... I can't stand FWD, plus the fact it takes regular, plus the good low end torque... I imagine that if you try hard, you can easily get 30mpg out of the 'stang.
Wyldesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
Registered Member

I keep the civic and invest in K-pro.

That's just me though. Less matience would be the ultamate deicider for me.
GasSavers_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

The civic is faster, and better mpg. I have the older slower 2002 civic si, and I love it! the only thing better would be that 40 HP the 06 and up models have. But that also is keeping me in the 30s MPG wise. And Im not always driving like I should!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
AMX
Registered Member

Definitely the Civic.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
damn kyle, you really know how to pick hard ones...mustang definitely gets mondo points for RWD but it's a ford and a new ford at that. I say you get a 22r w58 celica :-p eh I guess get the civic.
mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Yeah, it's not exactly easy.

The Mustang is pretty much everything I want in a car, RWD(never owned FWD in my life), 12-valve 6 cylinder, convertible with a decent sound system and a cramped back seat nobody will want to use.

The Civic just seems like it'd be a fun little car to fart around in and if I didn't live at 5800ft I could probably live with the non-Si performance and therefore could get a car that's rated in the 30's and it'd be an easy decision from there.

It's just so weird. The Civic is almost everything I hate in a car but something draws me to it. I think it's the feeling of revving an engine out to its 8k redline.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:22 AM   #9
Registered Member

Ruh-roh! "5,800ft".... Do you have winter?
The 'usta might need some sandbags in the trunk as well as four true snow tires to match the winter capabilities of the Civet with four snow tires.
Me? I'm lazy, I'd take an automatic almost any day. A convertible...well, it's better than being saddled with a sunroof. The Honda will be more practical with a hatch and folding rear seat for the bulkier objects that just won't fit in or on the Muskrat.
A tough choice, but I'd chose the Ford from that limited pool of only two options.

Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote