Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #41
Registered Member

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry View Post
Even wierder is the fact that there is no link for said movie.
OK, Well Here you go:

The High Cost of Low Prices.

RH77

Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 PM   #42
Supporting Member

theclencher -

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
Hey! I finish off gallon jars of pickles! MMMMMMMMM
That's because you don't waste the food you buy, .

But dude, seriously, the pickles they sell at Wal-Mart now are plastic ones MIC, so they never go bad, except when they hit your stomach !!! !!! !!!

ATTENTION: this thread has now been hijacked. Homeland Security has been informed and will be issuing a thread-stop tomorrow, or sometime after that, or maybe not at all, subsequent to the status of plastic-pickle trade-talks with China.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry View Post
Even wierder is the fact that there is no link for said movie.

I have been running 60 psi in my tires(44 max rating) since September without any abnormal wear patterns; middle or otherwise. The tires on my son's car(diamondlarry's temporary ride) have been running the same tires as my car since July with the same pressure with no abnormal wear. The tires on my son's car were on my old Saturn for 6 months+ before they went on his car. I think that the old bias-ply tires were more susceptible to wear in the middle than today's radial tires; unless maybe you pumped them up to 150+ psi.
I agree I've got a car with over a year and 11,000 miles with no wear problem what so ever. Of those, 6 months where at a high, but top secret, pressure
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #44
Registered Member

Camber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
Well the tires on my Microbus are almost bald in the middle with good tread on the outside edges and they weren't even over 40 psi soooooo.... YMMV. Maybe the problem is I don't whip her around enough high-speed corners?
Does the Microbus have camber issues? I know camber wouldn't effect the tire's center area, but I've seen a few with rear camber...and BTW, what year is it? Maybe high-speed cornering isn't recommended

Check out the flying bus: Video. Hilarious

RH77
Old 02-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #45
Registered Member

Nice Ride

Nice ride Clench. Definitely a classic -- I don't see many around here anymore (same with the older Beetles). BTW, what are you doing driving 80, hmmm?

RH77
Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #46
Supporting Member

Valvoline Instant Oil Change likes to set my tires to 35/35. I used to bleed out some of the air afterward. That was before the FE bug bit me. Now I think I'll ADD air if they drop them to 35/35.

davidjh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #47
Registered Member

Hit a nerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
I just really dislike how Wal-Mart keeps making my psi 32 in each tire whenever I get an oil change. I need to remind myself to let them know to leave them alone.
That's one of my pet peeves. I'm in the habit of telling any place I take my car not to adjust the tire pressure. The dealer will take my car, still hot from the interstate, and "correct" the tire pressure. As a consequence it comes back after being "professionally serviced" wallowing around corners because all four tires are about 3-4 pounds low (that's before I started overinflating.)

cafn8 is offline   Reply With Quote