So pill bottles don't make good PCV catch cans.... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

So pill bottles don't make good PCV catch cans....

Yesterday I made a pill bottle PCV catch can. I used a small translucent orange pill bottle, 2 brass fittings from an old radiator, alittle tubing, and sealed it with silicone.

Today was my first time to drive with it on. I checked it after work and it looked fine. Then when I got home and checked it..... The bottle had been sucked in....I am pretty sure it is more due to the heat than the vacuum of my engine. (I tried to attach a picture)

Anyways just thought I'd share.... Next PCV catch can will be located further from the intake manifold and probably alittle bigger (I made it small because I didn't want to hurt the engine's vacuum but that doesn't make a whole lotta sense anyways....)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9806.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	359  
kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote