Weird problem with my civic manual. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Your throttle cable could be gummy also, resulting in a slower return to 0% throttle. I would be more likely to suspect a mal-adjusted FITV or some other idle control component.
What is a FITV and what other idle control components are there?

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:34 AM   #12
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
What is a FITV and what other idle control components are there?
http://www.honda-search.com/search/FITV+honda

looks like obd2 cars might not have FITV. Not 100% sure though

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:53 AM   #13
Registered Member

Cruise Control

My '99 Civic Si had problems disengaging the cruise control. As a result, it would rev for a variable amount of time after using it -- maybe 5, 10, 30 minutes. The problem happened when it was cold out, so I'm guessing gunkiness of the cables. My guess is with your DX, you don't have cruise, though - so a cleaning of the throttle cable, or as indicated in the owner's manual, a check on the idle speed should be done (especially at the number of miles you have).

I could never get the service techs to replicate the problem, so I just lived with it -- it never went over 3-4K rpm, and went away in the Summer. I sold the car with full disclosure of the problem to a private owner. I wasn't concerned as I would be with an automatic with a similar problem.

RH77
Old 08-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
My '99 Civic Si had problems disengaging the cruise control. As a result, it would rev for a variable amount of time after using it -- maybe 5, 10, 30 minutes. The problem happened when it was cold out, so I'm guessing gunkiness of the cables. My guess is with your DX, you don't have cruise, though - so a cleaning of the throttle cable, or as indicated in the owner's manual, a check on the idle speed should be done (especially at the number of miles you have).

I could never get the service techs to replicate the problem, so I just lived with it -- it never went over 3-4K rpm, and went away in the Summer. I sold the car with full disclosure of the problem to a private owner. I wasn't concerned as I would be with an automatic with a similar problem.

RH77
I'm going to look for the problem this weekend. Hopefully I find it.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote