Mitsubishi i - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Lightbulb Mitsubishi i

You guys have been laying down on the job! The first I heard of this car was a TV commercial just now. It's Mitsubishi's little US-market EV.

http://i.mitsubishicars.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by excerpts
As low as $21,625 after tax savings

62 miles per charge. 80mph top speed. Seats 4. 16 kWh lithium-ion, 330V, 88 cells. Rear motor, 49 kW AC synchronous.

MiEV Remote Control - Pre-heat or pre-cool the cabin and set your preferred charging time from a distance.

Rear motor, rear wheel drive.

Mitsubishi i gets an astonishing 112 combined MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent) that clearly beats the competition when it comes to efficiency.

8-year / 100,000-mile limited battery warranty

The shift selector offers a choice of three driving modes. Choose between maximum fun, maximum economy and maximum regenerative braking.

The custom-made battery pack on the ES trim of the Mitsubishi i is equipped with a fan-driven, forced-air induction system that automatically engages to protect the battery from overheating during charging.

On the SE trim we go one step further. SE drivers can upgrade to the Premium Package which allows, among other good things, the ability to charge the Mitsubishi i with a public quick-charger. Because quick-chargers can tend to heat batteries and reduce their efficiency in the long term, we've added an air-cooling system to the SE that draws cold air from the air conditioning unit to keep the battery nice and cool, even in hot climates.

It says "Single fixed reduction gear transmission" is optional. What do you get if you go with standard equipment instead?

Front tires are 145/65 R15, rears are 175/60 R15. Interesting, you don't see staggered tire sizes often.

You can buy panels to color/style the car (in addition to 5 color options for the car), I guess similar to the Smart car.