Jetta vs. Jetta TDI - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #11

There are Jetta Diesels and Jetta TDI's, of the TDI's there is TDI, PD, and CR motors.

I think there is some confusion when people first sign up here at Fuley. I for one had to redo my car info for it to be in TDI as it was stuck in the regular jetta series. If there is a filter for different fuels that would be great and then you can lump all the jettas together. I only look at diesels as that is what trips my trigger.

VWJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #12
Registered Member

Same argument for us Mazda 6 owners. there's only 2 engine choices but 3 cars really, I4, V6, and the Turbocharged I-4 (mazdaspeed 6). All those all-wheel drive hoon machines are making us look bad!

It boils down to having the right engine choices... you guys should team up with edmunds for the breakdown in car lists or something.

brandonrossl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #13

Add my vote to those who want them joined as one.

I'll use the filter function when I want them split.
VariantTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #14

Unless a mod is going to constantly go through and clean house, for those who mistakenly put their diesel jetta in the regular category, and place them correctly, there is no point to the two groups, because obviously people have a hard time understanding the difference.

I vote merge, put them both together. Members haven't done well seperating them anyway, and as was stated, this opens the door to people wanting a non-TDI diesel group, wanting a PD group, wanting a CR group etc. etc. the filter functions are capable of breaking up the diesel vs. fuel measurements. let people use them.
Grizzlydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #15

We could remove the TDI model designation, and push everyone back onto normal Jettas with the proper engine, and then in the future we could block someone from creating a TDI new model and it won't be available to everyone.

For custom car models, we approve them by hand, and one of us site admins accidentally approved "TDI" as a separate model at some point months ago.

I think we'll align everyone and fix this up next week sometime.
mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 AM   #16

Please combine them into one model. It will make searching easier, and streamline the layout of the vehicle models.

Logically, if you were to keep Jetta TDI, then you should add Golf TDI, Beetle TDI, Jetta 2.0T, Jetta VR6, etc etc (you see where I'm going with this).

Thanks for the site, I think it's great.
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #17

I have a TDI, and signed up for the TDI because it was there. I say merge. If people cant help but choose the wrong section, get rid of the option, the engine type is still there for filtering.
alnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #18

Merge them, there isn't an option for different engine types on other cars, why is the TDI an exception? Though I can see how it could mess up the average fuel economy of Jettas since the TDI's milege much higher than any of the gas engines, same could be said about the hybrid models.
boutmuet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #19

Merge is the way to go. I did not know you could filter by different motors untill a few days ago after I voted for separation.
VWJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #20
jhu

As others have pointed out, there's really no need to separate Jetta and Jetta TDI, otherwise there'd need to be diesel versions for all the other cars. OTOH, there's the A4 and A4 Quattro.

jhu is offline   Reply With Quote