Site navigation refinement - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 AM   #1

Site navigation refinement

Site navigation: Move "Information" from first to last position in column. As a regular user I find I usually have to do an annoying double-take to find "Add a fuel-up". My eye goes to the top left column "Information" but what I need isn't there. I would even suggest placing "Update" and "Your Garage" in the second main right column. The point is: "Add a fuel-up" is too visually hidden to easily find it considering it's the foundation of this site.

740dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #2
pb

We do try to put the fuel-up option in front of people. You might try clicking over to your vehicle pages. At the top of the page is a big red "Add a fuel-up" button that goes straight to the form for that vehicle.

Maybe we could add a fuel-up button to the dashboard. Would that help?

Browsing vehicles is also a big part of the site, so we don't want to move that to the bottom of the list.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #3

Thanks for pointing out the red button. I will use it going forward! (I know that wasn't always there) Maybe increase the font size on that button.

I don't really use the dashboard screen, but including there wouldn't hurt.

I think registered users should have an easier time navigating than general public browsing around and researching. Why should I be penalized for someone with less commitment than me?

Maybe use two different colors: one for "Information" and one for "Update", "Info" and "Garage".

Anyway, the red button satisfies what I need.
740dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #4
pb

Thanks for the suggestions. We're finishing up our new design which has Add a Fuel-up as the top item in the menu. We're hoping to have that out in late May.

We added that red button in January, 2010. So it might not have been around when you first joined the site.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote