A review of 3 honda dealerships. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2006, 07:49 AM   #11
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
If you were in so cal how come you didn't hit me up?
I wanted to, but I was working all three days and we left for Arizona early in the morning on Saturday. I feel bad I didn't tell anyone I was there, but I will most likely be back in November or December.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #12
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
They actually had a warning light come on to remind you to get our vehicle maintained? WTF?

I could understand an email, a phone call, or a letter... but not an annoying light that won't turn off unless I take it in.
Isn't that a thing you can stick your key in, in the dash, and turn it off yourself?

Old 09-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #13
Registered Member

Yes, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings
Isn't that a thing you can stick your key in, in the dash, and turn it off yourself?
On the old models, yes (or a hard-to-find button under the dash) -- but the newer models have a "maintenance minder" that tells you when to change the oil, go in for the scheduled mileage service, etc. I'm not sure if you can reset it -- I'd ask the service manager, but it might void the warranty unless you can prove the maintenance was performed at the required interval. On my old TL you had to press the trip button, trip reset button, and then turn the key -- wait for the beep to stop and the blinking stops. I kinda like oil life indicator on the TSX -- it's based on time and how hard you drive it. Then the code for the scheduled maint comes up at the mileage.

RH77
Old 09-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #14
Registered Member

2500? Not any more. Too expensive vs. engine Replacment

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
I don't own anything with one- never even seen one- but the oil life indicator sounds like a fabulous idea. So many people are stuck in the 1930's with the belief the oil must be changed every 1500 miles or some ridiculous number- never mind that the factory engineers have tested oil longevity to death and make recommendations based on the worst case scenario. Think of all the oil that will be saved!
Exactly. The recommended interval is 5000 miles, not 2500 like Dad says. We must be driving the car "easily" because the percentage is lining-up with the 5000-mile change (or, it knows it's the first 5000 miles and not to change the "break-in" oil). We shall see..

RH77