Michael Moore's new movie - Sicko - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #11
Registered Member

here's a comical look at a MAJOR issue w/ healthcare in the US. the truth exposed is not so comical...

http://www.mercola.com/townofallopath/index.htm

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
The healthcare industry is a crock. It tripple charges people who don't have insurance like myself and has become nothing more than huge prescription drug dispensery. The US healthcare system is not out to cure you its here to profit. Period! Then factor in the huge food industry that we have that sells diabetes/heart disease in box and you have a nice catch22 with the 2 industries leaning heavily on each other.

Why is that everytime someone I know gets "diagnosed" they don't get sent to a nutritionist?
And that is it in a nutshell. There has not been a cure for anything since polio where they innoculated everyone in the world. Then there was no profit since everyone was cured. So the Health Care Industry would rather sell you pills for every malady imaginable until the day you die.

And Michael Moore is very slanted, but he does have a few good points. Our Health Care System is a Disgrace.

And Michael Moore himself needs to STOP eating all those greasy burgers, super size fries, donuts and twinkies, because he surely didn't get to look the way he does munching carrots and lettuce like a veggiematariann..... haha

Old 02-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
Registered Member

That short does point out the often forgotten irony of health care; the idea that if people actually took care of themselves, they wouldn't need so much of the care that is doled out.

I honestly think that I eat a pretty crappy mix of foods many days, but at 6'2" tall and 39 years old, I weigh in at 250 lbs on a moderately muscular frame. Three years ago however, I was pushing close to 290 lbs and picked up the Atkins Diet book, and I have never looked back at having to control my weight since.

I wouldn't even call it a diet really. In simplest terms, it has boiled down to limiting my consumption of processed foods, but even more importantly, I avoid high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) like the plague. The link to the introduction of that stuff into the food supply in the 70's and the corresponding explosiong of obesity and diabetes is about as clear as the relationship of smoking to cancer (I don't do that either), and the crap is so ubiquitous it is even in most breads.

If we as a nation were truly interested in controlling health care costs, HFCS would be a banned food item. Not only does it have the close link to obesity and such, but the recent reports of mercury in some sources of it and the rise of autism and ADD diagnosis levels since the 70s also cannot be ignored. Is it related? Do we really need proof?

Treat your body right. It'll last longer!

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
Registered Member

yup, it's no coincidence that MANY issues be it health, finances, relationships, etc really come down to personal accountability.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote