Stupid hypermiling story - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
Registered Member

Hoh yah, I hate those ones, 500ft of acceleration lane left and they've gotta get out onto the highway in the first 50ft going 30mph..... I had to jink round one of those on the right before, they pulled out so sharp yet were going so damn slow.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Colin
That REALLY pisses me off when I encounter a slow merger in the delivery truck I drive. I'm hauling 20,000 lbs of cargo with 210 HP, there's a car in the lane next to me, you're ignoring the fact that the burden of yield is on the incoming car, and ever-so-slowly accelerating to ~45 MPH when all the surrounding traffic is doing 75 MPH. Enjoy the shoulder and/or ditch - that's where I'm about to push you.

Colin

Old 07-21-2008, 05:30 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I always LOL when I'm EOCing uphill and have to hit my brakes, or I've been on a long EOC and have to brake...there I am, with my engine off, overtaking other cars.