The troll thread - Page 10 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #91
Registered Member

questions and answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
You answer my question about invisible pink unicorns first, prove they don't exist.
do you enjoy this as much as i? oh, sorry: gotta answer one before i ask one! how can i prove pink unicorns don't exist when i can't even convince you that outside sources of GW do exist. if GW does exist vs natural warming of the globe. my wife says she sees pink ELEPHANTS when her bloodsugar is low.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #92
Registered Member

negotiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Heh, you sure must like that picture No, you don't even know what you are, but I'll give you a hint, you know all those labels you try and put on everyone else?...

Good thing we are going to spend a trillion dollars in response to punks hijaaking airplanes. And did you hear? We got that sadam bin ladin guy!!!

Wonder what a trillion dollars could have done for alternative energy research.
do you think we should try to negotiate with terrorism? or maybe you don't think it exists? was it mr. gore that said"there is no terrorist threat!...he played on our fears!"...while since other areas of the world have been attacked. don't give me "why Iraq?"-- 23 resolutions and unanimous vote by dem and rep congress. maybe the pres really acted alone--hipnotism perhaps?

Old 09-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #93
Registered Member

worse conspiracy(controversy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel View Post
skewbe- at least you admit it was punks who hijacked the planes. I get so worn down by conspiracy theorists whispering that they were remote controlled planes flown by our warmongering government to give us an excuse to take all Saddam's oil.
I mean, we needed a reason, but I don't believe the gov't flew remote control planes into the towers.
Saddam said he preferred Euros to dollars, and... well...
a worse conspiracy(controversy) is the one being taught by some liberal professors in the US: the acts of the highjackers on that fateful day are "NOT NECESSARILY EVIL because they acted with best intentions and did what seemed right to them!!!!!!!!!!!"...if it feels good/right, DO IT, no matter the hurt to others!
Old 09-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #94
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
a worse conspiracy(controversy) is the one being taught by some liberal professors in the US: the acts of the highjackers on that fateful day are "NOT NECESSARILY EVIL because they acted with best intentions and did what seemed right to them!!!!!!!!!!!"...if it feels good/right, DO IT, no matter the hurt to others!
You need to think a bit more so that you can learn to separate the ideas of political "liberalism" and moral relativism.

Someone who defends such an idea is simply saying that one person can only do what they think is right at any given time. Given that bin Laden is a product of his environment as much as George Bush, one could simply say they both do nothing more than pursue what they believe is the right course of action.

Of course, I not a relativist.

*Liberalism is in quotes, because, like right and wrong, what is liberal is defined in the mind of the individual.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #95
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
You need to think a bit more so that you can learn to separate the ideas of political "liberalism" and moral relativism.

Someone who defends such an idea is simply saying that one person can only do what they think is right at any given time. Given that bin Laden is a product of his environment as much as George Bush, one could simply say they both do nothing more than pursue what they believe is the right course of action.

Of course, I not a relativist.

*Liberalism is in quotes, because, like right and wrong, what is liberal is defined in the mind of the individual.

1 there ARE moral absolutes--killing and murder are not the same...2 many liberals are self-proclaimed...3 given any situation(environment) choices ARE made. ie the inner city kid that grows up in a drug infested neiborhood CAN choose to live that life or rise above it to become someone better! again, intellect often times cannot measure up to real life situations(experience). but you're the college student; just a drop out on this end. does the child molester also deserve such consideration(targeting the most of innocent)? YOU need to live(experience) and see people instead of stats, then make an informed decision w/ that intellect and experience together! no disrespect meant, just standing by my points. been there(youth), knew it all, then forgot it all.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #96
*shrug*

1. Sure, you could say that. But many would disagree. I do think there are absolutes, but it'd be a long story for me to try to say why.
1.5 I would say killing and murder are the same. But, then I might have to make a careful distinction about the difference between murder and letting die. I won't get into that now either.
2. Sure, many people proclaim themselves many things, even more the reason that a label such as liberal doesn't really hold much weight. If any person can call themselves liberal, what does it mean?
3. Perhaps there is choice. Perhaps not. Who knows? Besides, choice does not mean much in such a situation. Say for example you have a question on a test with 4 answers. You want to pick something else, but it is not present. That's too bad. In life it is the same way. I cannot choose to be president; similarly, I don't think bin Laden could have chosen to prevent his country being invaded by the USSR.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #97
Registered Member

yes we agree

Quote:
1. Sure, you could say that. But many would disagree. I do think there are absolutes, but it'd be a long story for me to try to say why.
1.5 I would say killing and murder are the same. But, then I might have to make a careful distinction about the difference between murder and letting die. I won't get into that now either.
2. Sure, many people proclaim themselves many things, even more the reason that a label such as liberal doesn't really hold much weight. If any person can call themselves liberal, what does it mean?
3. Perhaps there is choice. Perhaps not. Who knows? Besides, choice does not mean much in such a situation. Say for example you have a question on a test with 4 answers. You want to pick something else, but it is not present. That's too bad. In life it is the same way. I cannot choose to be president; similarly, I don't think bin Laden could have chosen to prevent his country being invaded by the USSR.

yes and we armed and trained he(bin laden) and his army. the rest is history. remember tho there is always a choice--maybe to not choose or choose the best avail when i dropped out of school, i made the next best avail choice, which was a tech school of sorts(CDL). by the way, it sounds as tho you've considered my views; if this is in fact the case, i sincerely appreciate it. not everyone on this forum extends that courtesy! best wishes in school as well.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #98
Registered Member

Quote:
...was it mr. gore that said"there is no terrorist threat!...he played on our fears!"...
No, Try again.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #99
*shrug*

Quote:
yes and we armed and trained he(bin laden) and his army. the rest is history. remember tho there is always a choice--maybe to not choose or choose the best avail when i dropped out of school, i made the next best avail choice, which was a tech school of sorts(CDL).
Indeed. We do make the best available choice. However, who defines "available" and "best." That is the essence of the debate, and it purposes no simple solution.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #100
Registered Member

see my edit

Quote:
Indeed. We do make the best available choice. However, who defines "available" and "best." That is the essence of the debate, and it purposes no simple solution.
please see my edit on previous post