Too Funny! Has to be shared. - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #31
Registered Member

I enjoy hearing people's perspective and opinions on this matter, if you guys feel offence, please let me know. It's just hard for other countries to understand the mentality. As other countries around the World have proven for decades, guns are completely unnecessary, and we just want to understand why America still needs them when we don't. Even the Police don't have guns here.

So, do you feel citizens of the UK are less or more safe without guns?

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #32
Registered Member

Ask the cop that got sliced and diced in London.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #33
LDB
Registered Member

I don't know if The Guardian is considered reliable or not but they report an increase in gun and knife crimes. If the 574 are adjusted based on total population that would be 3,455 compared to the U.S., not at all an inconsequential number. Then again, for 574 families it is already not at all inconsequential and I suspect the majority of them would prefer having been able to defend themselves adequately to being victims. And honest citizens, the key being honest, are always safer with a gun than without, provided they train and practice with it to properly use it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nife-gun-crime

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:29 PM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
So, do you feel citizens of the UK are less or more safe without guns?
Hmmm. I don't know enough about the UK to answer. And, if I did, the ONLY opinion that matters is from the UK citizenry. If they are fine with gun control, I'm quite happy for them.

I'm of the thought "let everyone seek their OWN happiness".

My biggest gripe is with the US government meddling in other country's affairs in the name of "spreading democracy". Right. Such as taking down the Iran democratic government in the 1950s to install the shah? Right. Such as recently taking down the Ukrainian democratic government?

The US government is controlled by Big Business and these military adventures are ALL economically based.

Another example is with Islam believers DEMANDING Sharia law replace the laws of their new host countries. If I invite you into my "house" and you begin to violently telling me how to run my "household", meanwhile groping my mother and raping my sister, we're gonna have a problem. "Say, 'Hello', to my little friend."

I find nothing wrong with each of us celebrating our differences. Just leave each other alone.

In closing, I regret I "missed the boat" to experience my storybook vision of Europe; each culture & nationality to be enjoyed in its purest form. (shrug)
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:11 PM   #35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I don't know if The Guardian is considered reliable or not but they report an increase in gun and knife crimes. If the 574 are adjusted based on total population that would be 3,455 compared to the U.S., not at all an inconsequential number. Then again, for 574 families it is already not at all inconsequential and I suspect the majority of them would prefer having been able to defend themselves adequately to being victims. And honest citizens, the key being honest, are always safer with a gun than without, provided they train and practice with it to properly use it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nife-gun-crime
That's about 11 a week, a very low number. I would imagine if we imported 64,000,000 guns overnight and handed them to each and every citizen, that number would be considerably higher. If it's the people responsible for murder, don't make their job easier by giving them the right to firearms. There are countries in Europe with huge numbers of guns, but extremely low murder rates. America proves to around 300 families a day that they can't behave responsibly with weapons so they should be removed in my opinion.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:05 AM   #36
LDB
Registered Member

You make an excellent point for me. Countries, Switzerland especially for one, prove the problem isn't guns. So why should the 9x% be penalized due to the x%? Do you have drunk driving accidents there? Are people ever killed? I'm sorry, but you must immediately turn in your car. Obviously cars are the problem. Have an appointment and have to run but it's an excellent discussion and I look forward to more later.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:33 AM   #37
Registered Member

There are too many people on the planet. It's like the overcrowded mice experiments.

Not only is overpopulation mentally taxing on everyone, but it puts a strain on planet resources and creates a lot of pollution and waste.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:11 AM   #38
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
You make an excellent point for me. Countries, Switzerland especially for one, prove the problem isn't guns. So why should the 9x% be penalized due to the x%? Do you have drunk driving accidents there? Are people ever killed? I'm sorry, but you must immediately turn in your car. Obviously cars are the problem. Have an appointment and have to run but it's an excellent discussion and I look forward to more later.
I'm more than happy to discuss this maturely with like minded people, so long as no body tries to make it personal. I'm glad we are starting to get on the same page. So would you agree guns aren't the problem, but the law NEEDS to change to protect the innocent?

For example I believe a 16 year old is allowed a small alcoholic drink with a meal if with an adult here. But if that 16 year old became drunk and violent, you would remove the alcohol.

Same application, American citizens kill and injure far too many people to justify keeping gun laws as they are, don't you think? I wonder how much press coverage the French machete attack today will get in the US V's the 300+ shootings. I'm predicting a Trump Tweet soon

Old 02-03-2017, 06:50 AM   #39
Registered Member

Paul, 16y/o Americans have alcohol access whether an adult is present or not. Unless you want to put them in jail, there's no way to stop resourceful, determined teenagers from obtaining alcohol.

Our gun laws are NOT being enforced. Only 500 out of 80,000 cases were prosecuted for illegal gun buying attempts. That's a 0.00625% enforcement. Why should enforce the current laws BEFORE adding more laws that obviously won't enforce, too.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #40
LDB
Registered Member

We don't need more laws. There are over 25,000 gun laws on the books. We don't need to take any guns away from anyone. We need to make the consequences of misusing guns so severe that no sane person would ever risk punishment by doing so. And perhaps taking away every car in the UK isn't the solution to your drunk driving problems. Perhaps taking all the alcohol away is a better solution. Or perhaps both. You wouldn't mind giving up your car and all alcoholic beverages would you? It's for the greater good of course.