Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
Il, Usa Fs: 1987 S10

Name: Russell
price: 1500 obo
Payment: cash preferred, paypal
shipping: you can do whatever you want after I have money for it
pics: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...7%20S10%20Meg/

up for sale is the venerable old S10 I'm always going on about. Got the toyota pickup for a steal so out with the chevy. yes I copied this from my ebay listing. I don't care where you buy it as long as it's gone. I'm moving to school about 6 hours away but the truck will still be up here with my mom.

1987 S10 for sale. 125k miles. 4 cylinder, 4 speed manual, 2wd. runs like a top. It has the usual midwest rust but it's structurally sound. I'm selling it because I got a great deal on a newer truck. I drove this every day till I got the new truck and have no reservations driving it anywhere. It's great on gas, even when loaded to capacity it gets 23-24 mpg at 70 mph. the truck does not have power steering or power brakes. Even so, my 108 lb girlfriend can drive it safely, she just gets tired after 15 minutes in town. I barely noticed, An average size guy would have no trouble. A few other notes: If you want to see it in person, let me know and we can work something out.

The bad:
-Usual S10 rust, nothing really bad. moderate rust on the right rear fender (few holes through) and surface rust on the other fenders. cab corners are bad. the bed is worst but still has lots of life. I've dropped 250lb engine blocks on it and it's fine.
-the drivers window track is missing the guides on the back edge so you have to put a finger on the window to hold it in while rolling it up and down. replacement guides for both sides from another truck are included.
-the lock on that door doesn't work either.
-There's also a crack along the top of the windshield where the mirror was. the mirror fell and took a chunk of glass with it. the crack does not interfere with sight lines.
-might need a starter. it cranks slow since one weekend I went to a lot of garage sales and started it about 50 times in a day. it still starts every time.
-fuel gauge reads low...about 3/8 when full, empty when empty. works but only moves through 1/4 the sweep.

The good:
-Monte Carlo rims (80s RWD) with 215/65r15 front, 245/60r15 rear. lots of tread left, no dryrot.
-mechanically and structurally great.
-maintenance is up to date. all the fluids are good, leaks a tiny bit of oil but not much. took the head off last summer and cleaned out the caked on oil in the ports/valves, new gaskets, battery is good, brakes are all great, everything was done in the last 2 years including front calipers, rear lines, and rear cylinders. whole steering linkage was replaced last summer and aligned (tie rods, sleeves, center link, idler)
-plastic bedliner
-hitch and wiring installed and fully functional.
-has a bigger radiator out of an old rwd celica supra. the stock one is included but has a pinhole leak and will lose a quart of coolant per tank of gas
-Suspension is done nice: lowered it 2": springs in front, blocks in back, newer shocks in front, air-assist shocks in back. added sway bars front and rear. all said and done you can load it well past capacity and it handles better than the stock suspension empty.
-MSD coil (still have the working original, comes with)
-Aftermarket steering wheel that's a little smaller.
-replaced the old bench seat with one from another truck with 150 (not 150k, just 150) miles.
-2.5" exhaust to a v8 firebird muffler (dual out, not too loud, sounds nice)
-Aftermarket head unit and speakers installed (everything's wired right) and it gets Chicago stations west of Dekalb (60+ miles). plenty loud with no distortion if you want it but nothing crazy.

Also included:
red bed cap, original radiator and shroud, 8 extra 14" rims, 3 with tires low on tread, 3 bald, 1 bad, 1 bare rim, 2 extra 15" rims, no tires, extra hitch wiring, extra new shocks (old setup), bucket seats from another S10 with interior to match. holes in this truck are drilled and covered with stainless hardware and sealed to prevent rust., lots of misc small parts

mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
Old 12-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
Re: Il, Usa Fs: 1987 S10

vehicle is sold
mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
Closed Thread