Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 12:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

iPhone app not syncing - solved

Howdy,

I came here looking for an answer and didn't find one. I figured it out on my own and figured I'd post about it for anyone else that has the same problem.

I've been using Fuelly on my iPhone 14 for many months and it has been working fine. Including being able to see the data I entered on my phone shown in my data on Fuelly.com.

At some point on or after 6/29/23, I started getting an error whenever I opened Fuelly (the app) on my iPhone.

It would tell me that I had been logged out and needed to login again. When I tried to login, it would say that my credentials were invalid. It would still not let me into the Fuelly app. I would click on Forgot My Password, enter my email address, and then the app would say that a password reset email had been sent. And THEN it would let me into the app to enter my fuel-up or service record(s).

More recently, I realized that my data in the Fuelly app was not being synced to the website.

The app still behaved the same way. It would tell me I'd been logged out and not let me login with my credentials.

Today, I finally get things working again. To do so:

- I opened the Fuelly website in my browser. I was already logged in.
- I clicked Sign Out.
- I tried to log back in and it said that my credentials were invalid.
- I clicked the link for Forgot My Password and waited for the Reset Password email.
- I changed my password to something new and logged in.
- I opened the Fuelly app on my phone and entered my new password.
- It let me in and then I chose the menu option for Sync All Data.
- I checked back on the Fuelly website and my recent fill-ups are now showing.

Now, all that may sound like stupid user error and that I just wasn't remembering my password correctly. But, I believe (yes, I could be wrong) that I did actually sign in on the website, before I reset my password, using my old password to verify that I was remembering it correctly.

Also, Fuelly was working on my iPhone and then it just stopped working. I did not Sign Out of the app on my phone, causing it to stop working.

So, I don't really know what happened. But, if you are having errors in the app like I did, I suggest attempting to reset your password and change it to something new, then try again.
Closed Thread