Did the owner of the app.. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-03-2022, 05:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Did the owner of the app..

Seems like there is no support anymore. And the Fuelly app hasn't been updated for several years. I'm reluctant to pay any money. I used to use GasCubby, which I paid for, then Fuelly took that over. Now I use this app for quite some time but reluctant to pay. What is the future for Fuelly?

Thanks.

stevelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:11 AM   #2
Registered Member

The owner of this company is Andy Robinowitz. He is also the owner of "Social Knowledge LLC", "RV Life", and "Economy 3 Investments". I believe that he only holds on to Fuelly to increase the value of his holdings under his Social Knowledge LLC umbrella. He has not posted on this site since September of 2018. His primary concern seems to be his dealings in the RV world, and this site appears to be a distant afterthought at best.

I no longer rely on Fuelly because of the lack of support or oversight of this website, and I don't recommend that anyone else rely on it either. it appears that the only way that Mr. Robinowitz will pay attention to Fuelly is when people stop using it altogether.

Buddykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 06:56 AM   #3
Registered Member

Two months later, and the iOS app is no longer accepting subscriptions. My subscription expired, and it cannot renew. Other reviews from the last few days have been the same.

I honestly had no idea this site and the service has been so dead. I've just gone blindly on tracking my mileage over the last 8-10 years.

Anyone have any suggestions for competing services/apps that are actually maintained by the owners and developers?
JohnnyGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:35 PM   #4
Registered Member

No subscription renewal

The application is not allowing me and several others to renew their subscriptions.

Does anyone have a similar service they are using that is comparable?
jdrewlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:36 AM   #5
Registered Member

Following..maybe something will come up
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 05:07 AM   #6
Registered Member

I'm disappointed that the app doesn't have any subscription anymore. It'd be nice if the owner of the app could just release a new version with one line of code refactored so Apple is happy.

I am building my own version of Fuelly right now that will eventually be on the app store, but I'm stuck at coming up with a name.

I will be supporting cloud backup, but you have to pay a monthly or annual subscription (cloud hosting and apps aren't free to host), though it will be a small amount. On your device, I will allow premium features that only uses your local storage and does not sync with my backend services.

If the owner of this app does somehow come back from his hiatus, I would very much prefer to use your good app instead of reinventing the wheel and deal with Apple's software developer bureaucracy, but I am a software developer and it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

I love this app and it is sad to see that it is unmaintained. I obsessively have kept track of my fuel costs with this app since before it bought (Gas Cubby?).
sjjubb1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 11:37 PM   #7
Registered Member

I had recently sent them a query through the feedback option within the app and just got he following response.

Hi Debarka,

Thank you for contacting us and apologies for the delay in response.

There is currently an error with purchasing subscriptions. We will have it sorted out very soon.

Kind regards,

Support Team
dbanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:38 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbanik View Post
I had recently sent them a query through the feedback option within the app and just got he following response.

Hi Debarka,

Thank you for contacting us and apologies for the delay in response.

There is currently an error with purchasing subscriptions. We will have it sorted out very soon.

Kind regards,

Support Team
I hope so! I would much rather pay $5 a year than spend two weeks developing my own app & setting up the infrastructure.

Thanks Debarka!
sjjubb1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:11 PM   #9
Registered Member

Angry "Purchase of this item is not Currently available This item is being modified.

I too had troubles renewing my app on May 1st when it expired - tried everything should have looked on the forum

I deleted app thinking maybe an issue - reinstall and login again as my account was still backed up online -

Once I deleted app - its no where to be found - and looking at "not on my phone apps" - it says

"Purchase of this item is not Currently available

This item is being modified. Please try again later"

Now I have nothing to track on phone with 10 yrs history....

Crap....
brbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:51 PM   #10
Registered Member

That's really bad. I did hear on some podcasts recently that Apple would be removing apps that haven't been updated in a while.

I suppose you may be able to use the Fuelly website on your browser. It should have all your data. Inconvenient on a phone, I know. Or if you have access to an Android device, you can use the aCar app which uses the Fuelly backend and is still working.

dbanik is offline   Reply With Quote