App asking to create a folder after 2023 July update - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

Talking App asking to create a folder after 2023 July update

Hello,
After the update to the app on the 11th of July 2023 I tried to add the latest fill-up as usual and the app is asking me to: Android Samsung Galaxy A54 phone

"Attention: Action Required
To securely store your app data please either create or designate a folder in your phone's internal storage. Without completing this step you won't be able to continue using the app. Take a moment to set up a folder now."

Slightly terrified of losing all my information. I have gone onto Fuelly.com and added today's fill-up and exported the CSV file of all my fill-up to my computer.

I have now added a folder and... IT WORKS! Thank you. I was writing this, terrified that it would not work.

Old 07-15-2023, 09:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

I lost all my attachments 😡

I did this as well, but after adding a record I checked my previous entries and ALL of my attachments are now missing in the app. I found them in the Android file structure, but I can't figure out how to point the app to the location?

vicezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 04:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

I was also surprised by the create/designate directory request. The aCar app stores its data on your phone’s internal storage. The directory to look for is called zonewalker-acar. What you need to do is connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable. Having done that, make sure your phone is unlocked by entering your PIN if you have one. Depending on your phone, you may get a message asking if it is ok to access your phone’s data. You must answer Yes to this question otherwise your phone will only allow USB charging.

Follow these steps: (refer to the attached image for an example)

1. Open an Explorer window.
2. In the LEFT pane, click on the arrow next “This PC” to expand the list.
3. Click on the arrow next to the name of your phone.
4. Click on the arrow next to “Internal storage”.
5. Look for the zonewalker-acar directory.
6. Click ONCE on the directory name.
7. In the RIGHT pane will be the files and directory structure for aCar.

You can now copy these files to the directory you created. You MUST know the name and location of your directory!

Now, follow these steps.

1. In the RIGHT pane, click once on any file and press CTRL-A to select all files.

2. Press CTRL-C to begin the copy.

3. In the LEFT pane, navigate to the directory you created and click ONCE on its name.

4. Press CTRL-V to complete the copy. You should now see the files in this directory.

This will work IF the zonewalker-acar directory is present and IF you can locate the directory you created. If successful, your data should appear after you launch aCar.

(Had you known the name of the directory used by aCar, you could have simply selected it instead of creating a new directory. Most users won’t.)

I hope this helps.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aCar.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	2892  
VegasChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:37 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Awesome. Thanks Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasChris View Post
I was also surprised by the create/designate directory request. The aCar app stores its data on your phone’s internal storage. The directory to look for is called zonewalker-acar. What you need to do is connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable. Having done that, make sure your phone is unlocked by entering your PIN if you have one. Depending on your phone, you may get a message asking if it is ok to access your phone’s data. You must answer Yes to this question otherwise your phone will only allow USB charging.

Follow these steps: (refer to the attached image for an example)

1. Open an Explorer window.
2. In the LEFT pane, click on the arrow next “This PC” to expand the list.
3. Click on the arrow next to the name of your phone.
4. Click on the arrow next to “Internal storage”.
5. Look for the zonewalker-acar directory.
6. Click ONCE on the directory name.
7. In the RIGHT pane will be the files and directory structure for aCar.

You can now copy these files to the directory you created. You MUST know the name and location of your directory!

Now, follow these steps.

1. In the RIGHT pane, click once on any file and press CTRL-A to select all files.

2. Press CTRL-C to begin the copy.

3. In the LEFT pane, navigate to the directory you created and click ONCE on its name.

4. Press CTRL-V to complete the copy. You should now see the files in this directory.

This will work IF the zonewalker-acar directory is present and IF you can locate the directory you created. If successful, your data should appear after you launch aCar.

(Had you known the name of the directory used by aCar, you could have simply selected it instead of creating a new directory. Most users won’t.)

I hope this helps.

Chris
vicezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 10:27 AM   #5
Registered Member

I already have the zonewalker-acar folder created under storage, but I'm still getting the message to "Get Started" to create a new folder with the most recent July update. Clicking "Get Started" immediately crashes every time. This is extremely frustrating.
Meader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 12:44 PM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks, that worked.
KenWD0ELQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 05:30 PM   #7
Registered Member

I am having the same issue on my Galaxy S2 Ultra. I have copies the files to the directory, tried to sync, uninstalled and reinstalled, etc. and I cannot access my information. It is a bit frustrating at this point.

EchuOkan1 is offline   Reply With Quote