Fuelly Android App Update - Page 18 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #171
Site Team

I would create a new vehicle, if we import the data to that vehicle, it will not overwrite in Fuelly. We would have x number of fuelups with the trip tracking distance as the odometer distance and an equal number of fuelups with the odometer reading. The only way to delete the fuelups is going one by one.

Create a new vehicle, import the fuelups with odometer readings to that, and then delete the old vehicle.

If you do not want to delete the vehicle. Option 2 would be to create a new account, leave the trip tracking vehicle in the old account. It would be best to copy the other vehicles to the new account (something I would have to do) otherwise there are some things that you can't do with shared vehicles.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #172
Registered Member

Hi. I reported this via the app but wanted to post here as well to ensure you're aware.

Since the update I can no longer enter fill ups in liters. It assumes gallons. Additionally the stats appear to have screwed up where once before I had an average consumption of 44 mpg, it now shows an average of 11.2.

I don't seem to be able to change the fuel measure to liters.
Thanks

BobC_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #173
Registered Member

I'm in the middle of modifying the .csv now, changing "miles" in column D to "odometer." With 223 records, it will take me a couple of hours. I will create a new vehicle record and import this modified .csv into it, and then once it's in and I can see stats for it, I will delete the old record.

The fun part will be convincing my wife to adapt to the new one.

As I was typing this, I saw a message from BobC_UK, and I have a request. I regularly visit Canada and would like to have the chance to input quantites in litres and have it convert back to US Gallons in the record. Just a simple conversion, but one that would make life easier. The harder conversion would be cost, however.
DXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #174
Site Team

I think I replied to your help desk ticket a few minutes ago. Go to Vehicle Details to edit from Gallons to Liters. This should correct the calculation as well.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #175
Registered Member

Got everything updated and working perfectly. Some problems in the .csv file but nothing I couldn't fix.

Next challenge is getting v5.0.3 on my wife's phone. It's up and running on my own, but when I tried to download it to hers she only got 4.8.6, and no way to synchronize to our online Fuelly data account. I've emailed support with this. Not sure how to force her phone to upgrade to the new version. But everything's great on my own phone, and my thanks for your assistance. We both purchased the Pro version tonight.
DXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #176
Registered Member

Guess not

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
At this time, vehicles in Fuelly with Trip Distance tracking will not allow syncing of that account with aCar. We do plan to change that. The owner of Fuelly has a vehicle in that category and can't sync to aCar because of it.

Your CSV idea is a good one. There is the Fuelup & Service export in Fuelly. The Fuelups can be imported back into Fuelly, but Service cannot. I frequently use the aCar CSV import option to import files like that.

If you can take care of creating and editing the CSV, I will be happy to help import it. Send it to support@fuelly.com.
From this support response, this is not the case...who do I believe?

Thank you for contacting us.

The Trip Distance tracking will not sync with aCar and there are no plans to make the changes necessary to allow this.
Philosking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:06 AM   #177
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosking View Post
From this support response, this is not the case...who do I believe?

Thank you for contacting us.

The Trip Distance tracking will not sync with aCar and there are no plans to make the changes necessary to allow this.
Any update?

This feature (or lack thereof) is preventing me from using aCar.
xJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:17 AM   #178
Site Team

aCar will not support the Gas Cubby/Fuelly trip distance tracking. There are no plans to add that feature to aCar.

However, changes will be made to allow aCar to sync with a Fuelly account that has a vehicle tracked by trip distance. The trip distance tracked vehicle will not sync to aCar.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #179
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
aCar will not support the Gas Cubby/Fuelly trip distance tracking. There are no plans to add that feature to aCar.

However, changes will be made to allow aCar to sync with a Fuelly account that has a vehicle tracked by trip distance. The trip distance tracked vehicle will not sync to aCar.
So if I understand this reply...aCar will allow the Fuelly account to sync but the vehicle(s) associated, previously tracked by trip distance, with the account will not sync with aCar.

So I am better off just creating a new account or not using aCar, if I am reading this correctly.
Philosking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #180
Registered Member

Apologies if this is buried somewhere else in this thread, trying to sync acar Android version 5.0.13 with Fuelly.

I get the sync error that there is at least one vehicle on my Fuelly account using trip distance but the only vehicle on my profiles uses the odometer setting. Not sure what to check.

I have a retired vehicle on my profile but that was odometer as well.

Not a huge issue to input it manually but was wondering what the issue is.

jfprieur is offline   Reply With Quote