New User with a Tempo! - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #21
Registered Member

I just got my car's info from the wayback machine, linked above. I chose the last date in 2005 link.

Maybe I'm just nerdier than you guys.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #22
Registered Member

I have seen that Honda page before and I remember being skeptical of the data. The CX is listed at 0.36 Cd and 20.56 ft2.

I would have expected the Del Dol and the CX to have very similar frontal areas but the Del Sol is listed as 19.11 ft2, 6% lower.

As for the Cd, under "Aerodynamic Improvements" on page 24 of this link:
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&cd=11

The VX hatch is listed at 0.31 and the DX at 0.32. That causes me to believe that the CX at 0.36 the bad data point.

I also found two sources for Cd on the Del Sol. The Mayfco page says 0.42 and the other source I found said 0.38. Again the Mayfco page seems to be high by about 0.04 when compared to other sources. Who knows which is right.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #23
*shrug*

The mayfco page only has the del sol si and del sol vtec, which had blinging body styles, you must remember. For the hatch, I have no idea though.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
Before I found this site I was shooting for consistant low to mid 40's.

You guys have raised the bar!

svo: more Tempo specs:

2470 lbs.

Edit: Changed Tempo Cd as I just realized earlier data was for a GLX which has a different air dam and spoiler than standard. My apologies!
Cd .37; frontal area 20.95 sq.ft., CdA 7.75. For comparison:
'90 CRX Si Cd .30; frontal area 19.05 sq.ft., CdA 5.71
'89 Swift GTI Cd .32; frontal area 19.21 sq.ft., CdA 6.15
Welcome to the GasSaver web site. One of the challenge's with coming here is trying to figure out what you can do, now, because other people are clearly pushing the envelope of possibility. Your mileage is pretty impressive for a automatic and a 2 liter engine. I am driving an 89 Honda Wagovan and I was pretty pleased to get 35, until I joined this site. I'm not at all unhappy with 35, but I'd not be at all unhappy with more, either.

Anyway, Welcome!

p.s. It sound's like we might need to set up a nerd contestant thread.
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #25
Registered Member

Buick's with 3.8 l get's better?

I have a 91 Buick Regal, with the 3.8 L, automatic and on the highway I might be getting 25, but I'd doubt it. What really bugger's me with it is that around town it is a gas pig! When I was driving it I felt like I was having to stop to buy gas every other block. That isn't as bad as my 67 Ford truck, but it still was killing me. The truck get's 11mpg, uphill, downhill, round town, highway, no load, heavy load, all same, same. It makes a great towing/hauling vehicle, but on gas I can watch the gauge go down while it drive it around the block.

I'm getting rid of both of those in a couple of week's. I have a similar problem to your's, in terms of acquisition's, but my issues is starting to become Honda's. We have one 87 and two 89's.
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:47 AM   #26
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
theclencher,
I know what you are talking about, The National Automotive History Collection at the Skillman Branch Library located the foot of WSU's campus.
Hrm, I want actual numbers for my car, I should call them and at least get a yay or nay out of them to see if they have something. So far I have:
Cd = .360
frontal area² = 21.80'
(CdA?)Cd*ft² = 7.85'

Yeah I guess any materials in there is part of a non-circulating collection. To enter that room, I would need to pay $10 for the daily pass. So as they say "phone first" (I'll prolly do that later on today)
This library is about 25 minutes away from me, I've done Archaeological research there before.

Quote:
If a very dedicated person had access to that Library in Detroit, they could probably assemble the web's only completely accurate aero database. Wouldn't that be sweet?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #27
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
Wow thats really really cool that your local one would submit and understand that request! Mine will/have not. I've asked them all, lol.
O/T - every day I find that this forum is unaccessable around 6am - 7am EST
only matt knows...
Quote:
I got my data through my local reference librarian, so if you have a specific thing for them to look up, at your library's request they ought to do it and save you the time and the $10.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:31 AM   #28
*shrug*

Quote:
Question: Every day since I've found this site, it has been down for periods of time. Is this normal? Is it just me?
I think this has started in the last four days, something to do with the website's server host, Matt's working on a solution.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote