how do you feel about small cars? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

how do you feel about small cars?

I wanted to ask here because this is a gas saving forum, many people have small cars (civic/corolla/sentra, etc). I have a 97 prizm, and before this I owned 3 other civics, and a 92 camry. I rarely drove the camry because it drinks gas.

but, I just watched a program on CNBC and it showed the volvo studio where they do the crash testings, and then i read up articles about safety. Just going from a compact to a midsize, death rates were cut in half. and the more heavier the vehicle, the more safer, up to a point (4500 pounds). also, SUV's are rated not so safe because of rollovers, and the safest vehicles are midsize/full size sedans and vans.

i have driven these small cars all my life, my friends usually have at least a mizsize car. I love the gas savings, easier parking, cheap insurance, and i never really needed that much room to haul anything, If i do need the room I just put the stuff on the roof. After watching the video, I really wanted to just get a midsize car and sell my prizm. it is a 2200 pound car, and in those crash test videos, it looked awful. Im a defensive driver, Im really careful and dont speed at all. there are some things that I do that aill avoid an accident, but there are moments where its beyond anyones control, when some other nut is doing something stupid, bad things happens, If a person is getting t boned, they are really better in a chevy suburban than a little CRX.
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote