So explain how H injection doesn't work again? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #11
Registered Member

There's a lot of basic inertial dynos out there that can't measure anything but WOT blasts. One needs access to a "real" dyno that one can vary load. Then one has to come up with an elaborate setup for doing what a driver does automatically, using as much throttle as necessary to maintain a fairly constant external load/speed. You're likely to waste days frigging around with the test setup on a very expensive dyno, then when everything is set you can frig around with the HHO on and off.

Then all you've got is numbers that say it uses X percent less, where before you had numbers that said it went Y percent further on a gallon. If nobody can get their head round Y what makes you think X is gonna sell 'em.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
Registered Member

Oh and however you set it up, the scofftics are gonna be too busy looking for "the man behind the curtain" to pay attention to what actually happened. I'll save them the trouble, the man behind the curtain is in this equation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterma...mic_Efficiency
go figure out the value of g for various small mixtures of H2 and see the numbers bounce around. Now see how much extra efficiency you get for an extra few percent "parasitic" load, remembering that while drivetrain and engine frictional losses are usually reckoned as a percentage of the output, that they are not magically going to go UP when you increase the efficiency of the motor. Forget all the rules of thumb, they are for straight gasoline motors.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
Old 07-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #13
Registered Member

Even no load you should see an increase in rpm same throttle angle.
Look I'm a "Troll". SivlerBullet dude don't even know me. These guys piss me off and make LOL at the same time.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/69...ossible-6.html
Old 07-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
Registered Member

Heh, it won't work, it must not work, IT CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO WORK. LOL.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Heh, it won't work, it must not work, IT CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO WORK. LOL.
LOL
I bet some of those guys on ford-trucks forums live off of other peoples taxes.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I imagine that its effect on common diesel engines would differ from its effect on common gasoline engines.

I personally would not argue that hydrogen added to fuel would or would not help, but my only question is if it helps more than generating it onboard hinders. If you try to tell me that it only takes X energy to make it but you get X*2 energy by burning it, I won't believe it. If you want to suggest that it catalyzes the other fuel or enhances the combustion, well that's more realistic.

If you're talking about generating it elsewhere and just carrying it onboard, that's a whole other story.

That all said, I suspect I will eventually try it. It can be tried with minimal investment (maybe zero money, and just a few hours time), and some people do report success, so why not...
Well I have heard this before and what I guess I need is an education in reference to generating power off an alternator in a car.

Here is my scenario, engine is turning 1000 RPM and the Alternator is generating 14 volts at 40 amps. (using round numbers, play along)

Is the alernator powering the devices in the car or is it charging the battery that powers everything?

Regardless of that answer, the Alternator is producing 40 amps to the devices or the battery, either way, and I turn on every electronic device in the car and draw 30 amps. What happens to the 10 amps I don't use?

Next question, same scenario, I have everything on and drawing 30 amps and turn on a HHO generator that draws 20 amps. Do the lights dim or does the battery start to drain (probably both) but here is the $64 question, does the alternator do anything different? Turn faster? Work harder? I think not.

My understanding is the alternator is turning and creating power, which is either stored or used, and when the battery is fully charged and the devices are not drawing more than the alternator can make then the extra power goes where?

My point is that the alternator is creating power in excess of the cars needs probably better than 50% (if not more) of the time, so if you use it for a radio, an HHO generator, a winch, etc as long as the car is running and your battery is in good shape then what is the problem?

I understand the whole its not "overunity" argument, but if you are using excess power and converting it to something the car can burn (even at 50% efficiency) where is the harm?

The alernator can't work harder than the engine turns but it may need to work longer to get the battery back up to topped off. In the long haul what is the impact?

Any education you can provide (not conjecture please) would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #17
Registered Member

That's only true of older cars. Since the 80s the ECU has been modulating the field current of alternators according to load. Since it's the work done by a magnetic field shoving electrons around in the armature of the alternator that causes the greater proportion of the drag on the motor, turning the magnetic field off, let's say be de-energising the field coils, will also turn the drag off, apart from the frictional drag due to the bearings and belts. As you might guess, this doesn't shove any electrons around and no current is produced at this point. When the ECU sees increased electrical demand, it turns the field coils back on again.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #18
Registered Member

yeah, I was slow posting.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
Registered Member

Yeah the major difference is Road Warrior EXPLAINED it and your answer in a word was umm "GEEZ" useless.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
Registered Member

So a single wire to the Alternator (shown here) does what you describe yes?