Thoughts about my car... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thoughts about my car...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know what everyone thought about my current situation.

I am a college student, who currently is on co-op(a paid intern) and I drive about 30 miles per day in heavy traffic. Now I have a 2002 ford explorer that EATS gas. My parents bought this car for me and pay the insurance being that I am a college student, and I am very happy for this. Now my problem obviously is that it eats gas like no other, and I have lightly confronted them with the idea of getting a smaller car, however I get slapped in the face with being "ungrateful" because I already do not have to pay for the car or insurance. Keep in mind I did not ask for such a new car, or the price it cost. I would have much rather had an older car that cost them less because I feel bad having them pay for me. There are plenty of civics in my area with less mileage then the car I have now and are much cheaper as well. Probably cheaper on insurance too.

So what do you all think about this situation? Should I try to approach them in another manner or just let it die and hope gas prices go down?
hockeyadc is offline   Reply With Quote