Petsmart water ingestion system - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Dust
Petsmart water ingestion system

I have been toying with the idea of an onroad system for the car. Not necessarily for the improvement of power or combustion, but to remove the stuff that builds up in the CC after driving. The car smokes a bit, or has been, so the cleaning should have done it some good.

Engine: 660cc
Parts: Stone bubbler, aquarium hose, one-way check valve, flow adjustment valve, and 500 ml coke bottle.

There is a vacuum port right behind the TB with a small 1/8 hose fitting. I simpley slid the hose on, with a short run to the check valve, then to the adjustment valve in the cabin, with the bubbler in the coke bottle as a filter. With spiritied driving the car ingested the water in about 15-20 minutes. No noticable smoke, stumbling or abnormalities. After all of the water was gone, I put everything back to normal, and enjoyed my smoother idle. I made sure to drive for another 20-30 minutes to make sure all of the water has been heated out of the oil.
GasSavers_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote