Skeptic HHO TEST - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-14-2008, 04:41 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid01 View Post
yeah it was a full tank fill up (or at least a near full tank) Whatever though you can try to make up as many excuses for it as you want but it happened and I have the numbers to prove it.
Thanks for the info. It seems like my engine is getting choked of something when I lightly take my foot of the accelerator.

As far as your O2 sensor, I'm not sure of your set up, but try removing it after you've been running your car a bit so the threads are nice and hot. I'm not sure if autozone has an O2 socket that you can rent. It would help if they do. Be sure to put some thread lube when installing.

2001 Chevy S10 2.2 5 spd man
85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
GasSavers_Ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post
Thanks for the info. It seems like my engine is getting choked of something when I lightly take my foot of the accelerator.

As far as your O2 sensor, I'm not sure of your set up, but try removing it after you've been running your car a bit so the threads are nice and hot. I'm not sure if autozone has an O2 socket that you can rent. It would help if they do. Be sure to put some thread lube when installing.
If you have a 22mm box end wrench you may be able to run the plug and wires through the wrench and and get onto the sensor without the wiring getting in the way. On my Fords the plug will fit through the wrench. I have removed several 02 sensors without the socket.

#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post

Autozone sells O2 sensor sockets for about 10 bucks. Money well spent...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:50 AM   #14
Registered Member

well, I started simple. I never changed my fuel filter and i'm at 85k miles! it was easy and cheap. Spilled a bit of gas on myself though. anyway, i had to pound the plastic clamp off the filter itself and i thought the filter was empty. so i emptied it into an empty water bottle and the gas inside was black!!! so far so good with the truck running. I need to reinstall some of the stuff I angerly uninstalled

2001 Chevy S10 2.2 5 spd man
85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
GasSavers_Ven is offline   Reply With Quote